Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-16-2017, 01:42 PM   #191
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

There's a lot of speculation as to why she could break it, some of which has to do with an Infinity stone.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:38 PM   #192
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
The biggest problem I have with her destroying mjolnir is that it's another wimpification of Thor in the Marvel movie universe. Thor is tough. A lot tougher than what we've seen from the movie universe version. The worst of it was when Ultron was mopping the floor with him in Avengers 2. That was tough to watch. Thor should have torn that tin plated hack in to little bitty pieces.

Thor has been treated much like Colossus has been in the Fox X-Men universe. They've both been way under powered and kicked around like a couple of jokes. I like both these characters and it's hard to watch a couple of Marvel powerhouses turned into push overs in the movies.
Completely agreed here. Thor has been disrespected from the get go, as has Colossus. From tossing the helmet (which looked great BTW) after one scene, to completely under-powering him, to making him light-hearted and quippy, there's just never been the sense of Thor being a god.

And don't even get me started on Colossus. What a joke Fox made of him. Not until Deadpool did we get to see anything but a second rate damage magnet from the big Russian.
DarkKni9hT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:43 PM   #193
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
The biggest problem I have with her destroying mjolnir is that it's another wimpification of Thor in the Marvel movie universe. Thor is tough. A lot tougher than what we've seen from the movie universe version. The worst of it was when Ultron was mopping the floor with him in Avengers 2. That was tough to watch. Thor should have torn that tin plated hack in to little bitty pieces.

Thor has been treated much like Colossus has been in the Fox X-Men universe. They've both been way under powered and kicked around like a couple of jokes. I like both these characters and it's hard to watch a couple of Marvel powerhouses turned into push overs in the movies.

I'm not even a big follower of comics or Marvel etc. I'm only a casual fan, I like the Thor movies but even I have thought this all along. I guess they have to find a balance to keep the audience entertained, but Thor should clearly be much more powerful.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:18 AM   #194
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I enjoy the films a lot more when I don't let this sort of stuff bother me - I just see it as an interpretation of the comics I love and my enjoyment is all the better for it.

The studios have two hours to make an impact, in that two hours, they have to follow the same three act structure that nearly 95% of Hollywood films do because most audience members can't cope with a structure that strays from that, while also paying homage to 60 years of comics continuity which MOST audiences would see as convoluted at best, and silly at worst. (How many audience goers care that Mjolnir was forged in the heart of a dying star. They just care it's a powerful hammer)

Under those constrictions, I am glad they make an entertaining film and can easily forgive a few comic inaccuracies.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #195
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Thor went toe-to-toe with the Hulk in the first Avengers film so I have no problem with his power level in the movies.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:00 PM   #196
LegendaryOutlaw
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

So funny this guy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXPPibXFodw
LegendaryOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:13 PM   #197
actionjackson83
Midnighter

lol that's just great
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:36 PM   #198
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryOutlaw View Post
LMAO
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:54 PM   #199
Vracula
Jedi Order

Living in NZ for close to 10 years , I love Kiwi humor and their movies are some of the funniest I have seen, Ragnarok is gonna be hilarious.

Check out his other movies Hunt for the Wilder people, what we do in the shadows and my fav, Boy. The last two ,great family movies.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:30 PM   #200
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Living in NZ for close to 10 years , I love Kiwi humor and their movies are some of the funniest I have seen, Ragnarok is gonna be hilarious.

Check out his other movies Hunt for the Wilder people, what we do in the shadows and my fav, Boy. The last two ,great family movies.
I was a fan. I'll have to check out Boy.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote