Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 04-06-2017, 09:53 PM   #21
Luminous
Cyclops

So is it safe to assume there will be an allocation for attendees? I'll be at Celebration this year but I am not a PG member. Hoping I can score a Solo at the convention.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:08 PM   #22
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Hey Lumi, if you're going to be there I suggest you get there early and as soon as you're through the doors get to the GG booth as fast as you can, run if you can, you will not be the only one. I did not do this the first day when I went a couple of years ago. I did the second day and was the last or second to the last one to get a bust that day. I think the ES might be bigger this time around but I would not take any chances if you really want one. Just my advice based on my past experience.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:19 PM   #23
Luminous
Cyclops

Great. The ol' mad dash to the convention booths. It's been a while since I've done that.

Appreciate the heads up. I'll be going Thursday and I'll make sure to get there as soon as I can.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:34 PM   #24
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Great. The ol' mad dash to the convention booths. It's been a while since I've done that.

Appreciate the heads up. I'll be going Thursday and I'll make sure to get there as soon as I can.
Yup, it's part of hunting for exclusives at cons. However some of the more sought after companies with exclusives have turned to a lottery system just to get into their booth. Funko and Lego are doing that this year.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:42 PM   #25
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Well, I should have suspected something when you did chime in about the PGM exclusives or the Celebration exclusives. I'll shoot you a pm next time around.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:34 AM   #26
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Looks like the McQ Han Solo is set to process this Monday. Pretty excited for this one. Can't wait to add him to my collection. Curious to see if GG will continue with this line as all the unique standout McQ character designs have been produced now. What remains looks very similar to what we saw in the films. Obi-Wan being perhaps the only remaining exception.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:54 AM   #27
Marvelito

I got the processing e-mail as well, can't wait!

As for remaining characters, my #1 is Leia. The one that goes with this Han, Chewie and the droids. Aside from that I'd take a gnome looking Yoda and maybe an Obi-Wan. But yeah, I can't see this line going too much deeper.

I've always thought that doing a line of Cantina aliens or Jabba's Palace aliens would be a good replacement for the McQ line. Doing some of the more obscure ones that haven't been done yet.

Let's see if we get another exclusive at SDCC.