Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-29-2018, 12:01 PM   #1
Gothamite
Phoenix

Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (2018, animated New 52 continuity)

trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV7_tOeOf7Q

Unlike Assault on Arkham, this one takes place in the same continuity as the "New 52" movies.

Amanda Waller sends the team on a mission to retrieve a "Get Out of Hell Free" card. The card can be used only once. The team includes Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, Bronze Tiger, Copperhead, Killer Frost, and Harley Quinn.

--------------------------------------------------

DC has been pretty bold about showing violence and blood in these movies since the beginning, and they really run with the R rating this time. Ironically, this makes the movie more realistic than a lot of big budget live-action superhero films shown in theaters.

Christian Slater is pretty good as Deadshot (arguably the lead role). The writers used some pretty creative ways for depicting some characters' powers (such as Punch & Jewelee). The action choreography is excellent, especially considering the types of budgets that these movies get.

(Harley Quinn has a relatively minor role. I like this aspect of the movie because I've never found it believable that she could hold her own against trained fighters despite her gymnastics background. Gymnastics ≠ Fighting Skills)
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:58 PM   #2
Tushar
Hellboy

Loved this movie. I liked Reverse Flash's role. With his full powers, he'd be too unmanagable a threat; and I liked the reason they show that he's not giving his 100%. Bronze tiger had a good arc as well. And it was great to see Killer Frost kick so much ass.

This has gone long way toward restoring my faith in the DCAU movies. Hope they keep this momentum up.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:16 PM   #3
spriggan
The Spirit

I like it. It is nice to have a movie that is proper for suicide squad.
spriggan is offline   Reply With Quote