Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 11-15-2014, 04:59 PM   #41
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Because it's all a matter of how you present your opinion over a text based medium. Stating opinions matter-of-factly doesn't exactly illustrate a person who takes other people's opinions and beliefs into consideration. It paints a picture of someone who thinks they are all knowing. I'd like to think that is often not the intent, but you never know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post

Fixed that for you.

While there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a preference, I find that 16 year-old comment asinine.
The original comment is clearly his opinion, it didn't need stating.

There's nothing asinine about stating that an image makes a person look young, it's worrying you would see it that way.

Why can't we play nice and speculate in a fun way. We're talking about statues of imaginary characters after all!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:07 PM   #42
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
The original comment is clearly his opinion, it didn't need stating.

There's nothing asinine about stating that an image makes a person look young, it's worrying you would see it that way.
Read it again. YoungWolf clearly states that THEY found the comment asinine. Not that it was in fact asinine to suggest an image makes someone look younger. Are you suggesting his opinion of finding the comment asinine is wrong?

See? There can be no confusion when we clearly express our thoughts. While you can assume brentflynn's comment was an opinion, it's still an assumption. YoungWolf's comment on the other hand was pretty clear.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:14 PM   #43
Silas Loki
Jubilee

True, but by using the term asinine the debate gets opened up for a flame war that just doesn't need to be. He could have simply said he doesn't think she looks 16 and achieved the same outcome....that being a counter opinion.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:19 PM   #44
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
True, but by using the term asinine the debate gets opened up for a flame war that just doesn't need to be. He could have simply said he doesn't think she looks 16 and achieved the same outcome....that being a counter opinion.
No argument there. That said, at least we're clear on where he stands on that opinion.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:57 PM   #45
JSeals
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

PO'd EX. Loving what Gaming Heads is doing!
JSeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:41 PM   #46
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Because it's all a matter of how you present your opinion over a text based medium. Stating opinions matter-of-factly doesn't exactly illustrate a person who takes other people's opinions and beliefs into consideration. It paints a picture of someone who thinks they are all knowing. I'd like to think that is often not the intent, but you never know.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:29 AM   #47
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

To clarify, my word selection as well as my overall response were based solely on the distinction between presenting something as an opinion versus stating something outright as if it were fact. Subjectivity versus objectivity.

I'm perfectly fine with people giving their opinions; I've made that abundantly clear in just about every thread that I've ever had a prolonged discussion in. What I'm not okay with, is people treating their opinions like a universal standard or law. From my perspective, Shepard looks like she's in her early to mid-twenties. So I do think that it's asinine for someone to come around and defiantly state that she looks 16, like that's a fact that couldn't be argued. Contrary to that, is it asinine for someone to think that she looks 16? Absolutely not. Like I said a page or two back, to each their own.. Different strokes for different folks.

Not quite sure why reaction to my every word has been so negative/aggressive around here. I like to think that I was pretty forthcoming about my stance from the get go.

Glad Luminous understood where I was coming from.

....Anywho.. Tali sure looks promising.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:38 PM   #48
Tacheyon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

So a big debate is raging in me right now. Not about getting Tali, but more where from.

I was thinking I would just order straight from Gaming Heads website (such as it is) and do the 3mo Pre-payment plan. Then I found out about specfictionshop.com and they have a better price on Tali if I pay now up front (only the Reg Ed).
Since Canada is heading for a low economic point and a higher exchange rate with the USD my feeling is that I am going to spend a lot more money over time going with Gaming Heads. Since each pre-payment will be subject to the whims of the exchange rate.

Too make a long story short (too late), how is Speculative Fiction in terms of service, returns and delivery? I just want to make sure of things before I plop down a bunch of money.
Tacheyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:44 PM   #49
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheyon View Post

Too make a long story short (too late), how is Speculative Fiction in terms of service, returns and delivery? I just want to make sure of things before I plop down a bunch of money.
I've probably bought over a dozen statues from Speculative Fiction and have another 8-10 on pre-order with him, he's never let me down yet... He's also really easy to deal with..

So far every statue I've gotten from him has arrived in mint condition so I've never had to return anything, but delivery is pretty fast...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 01:16 PM   #50
dechirico7
The Flash

I have some issues with them.
They like to give priority to past customers.
I get why it is done, but I don't necessarily agree with it.
I contacted them about a pre-order, before it was listed on their site and they told me that past customers would have priority over me.
Even though I contacted them ahead of time.
It isn't like your past customers know exactly how many statues you are going to supply.
And wouldn't you want to make new customers? Guess not.

So I still prefer to go through other retailers.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote