Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-10-2018, 05:20 PM   #1791
Stiler
U talkin' to me?

Jesus Christ 70lbs! How am I supposed to sit that on my display shelf, that thing would just buckle under that weight lol.
Stiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 06:00 PM   #1792
jerkilroy2
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Im so glad I have shelves that are rated for 350lbs! Wonder what apostle Zodd will weigh lol!
jerkilroy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:32 PM   #1793
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I received Guts on Thursday and I’ve spent the past couple of days unboxing this big boy. The base box was incredibly heavy and difficult to unbox solo. But my first impression upon putting him all together was just awe! As a fan of Berserk, I was thrilled to hear that Prime 1 was going to tackle it as well as some of my other favourite Anime properties that I loved. Now that I finally have him in hand, all I can say is that this is a quality piece weighing almost 70 lbs, with the base making up the bulk of that weight. The attention to detail to the weathering and nicks of Guts’ armour and Dragonslayer sword, the blood splatter effects and the scars is so well done. Prime 1 used real chains around the armour! And finally, while some may say that base is too cluttered ( I feel somewhat the same ), there are just too many Easter eggs and nods to the Guts’ 2 year journey of mayhem and destruction as the Black Swordsman. The paint apps are top notch on my piece and I was really impressed with the amount of detail on the Beast of Darkness’s teeth, and the decapitated Swine Apostle’s head, particularly the glossy effects on its brains and innards. The cape is made of a lighter material, similar to the 1/3 Miller Batman, so I don’t think leaning will be an issue down the line.

But this isn’t a perfect statue for me. For one, you have to be very careful as there are some fragile parts such as Guts’ prosthetic hand. There are some rather thin pieces of polystone that attached the hand to the wrist that can break off. Unfortunately I discovered one side had already snapped off while I unwrapped it when I rewatched my video. I managed to use loctite to connect the piece back together, but I’ll let SS and Prime 1 know of the damage. So that makes it 2/2 damaged Prime 1 pieces for me so far.

Also, the rather large footprint and the weight of the base make transporting and displaying this piece rather limited. You need to plan on where you’re putting it beforehand. At around 34” high x 26” wide x 18” deep, it’ll make collecting the whole line next to impossible for most people. I shudder to think how massive human Zodd will be. And finally, while the amount of accessories for the base is impressive, the peg system of affixing them to the base could’ve been a little more sturdy. For example the sword and spear do feel a bit loose on my piece.

But all in all, Prime 1 did a superb job kicking off the Berserk line with this piece imo. I think I can say that fans will be more than happy adding this statue to their collection. It’s a great time to be a Berserk fan!!

bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:33 PM   #1794
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:07 PM   #1795
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

I´m thinking of getting away from this thread. I´m getting my Guts only in a few months and all of these pics are making me depressed lol. Great pics by the way, congrats, it´s such an incredible piece!
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 01:10 AM   #1796
Overmind
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoid18 View Post

Just weighed it at around 69.4 lbs minus about 1 lbs from my turntable. So yeah the fully constructed statue weighs almost 70 lbs!
I guess I was wrong. I also guess all of these will be a pass for me now. That weight is just ridiculous and comparable to my concrete garden statues.
Overmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:17 AM   #1797
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

You get crap when the statues are vinyl or are too hollow (see Thanos on Throne and Swamp Thing maquettes).

You get crap when the statues are nice and heavy like collectors are often so vocal about.

You can't win.

Great pics bicoid, waiting for mine.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:29 AM   #1798
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
You get crap when the statues are vinyl or are too hollow (see Thanos on Throne and Swamp Thing maquettes).

You get crap when the statues are nice and heavy like collectors are often so vocal about.

You can't win.

Great pics bicoid, waiting for mine.

Exactly! No matter the the result poeple will complaint too light or too heavy. No win situation.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:38 AM   #1799
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
More pics!!!!!!!!!!
What this guy said!

70 pounds is awesome! Even if it is illogical.

Good pictures Bicoid and thank you.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:49 AM   #1800
iguana
Blue Falcon

Thanks for the pics but I also can't handle it anymore haha. I wished when I ordered the EX in a local shop shop Prime 1 had Worldwide Shipping at this time but they hadn't , the shop lists this as "Release June", LOL!
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote