Statue Forum 

StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Premium Collectibles Studio

» Spotlight
DGK Sideshow Domino PF DGK XM Moon Knight Statue DGK P1 Gurren Lagann Full Drill Statue Clay Moore - Inside Stories

Old 05-13-2022, 09:45 PM   #231
damienjakk
The X-Men

Color aside, tusks do not normally have bulging veins showing do they? Just saying.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 10:33 PM   #232
xellos49698
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
On FB they said they are delaying her PO by 1 week. Maybe tuskgate is a thing after all?
Just asked, apparently it has to do with feedback and license rights.

Wonder if the complaints were about the chains or the tusk.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 10:45 PM   #233
Atlantisatdawn
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
Color aside, tusks do not normally have bulging veins showing do they? Just saying.
I looked online at Elephant Tusks, they are not completely smooth, they do have some texture, but most all of them come to a sharper point, I'm not saying a knife tip sharp, but not so rounded off like on this Dejah piece, I'm really interested in what this statue would look like if the tusk were a more creamy white instead of dark brown, if it would make Dejah pop more?
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:02 PM   #234
qz33
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
And I am still waiting for a statue designer to actually follow the description. The girlish figure and oval face is usually ignored as well is the skin tone. A dark haired, tan, curvy and nearly naked woman seems the standard design.
J Scott Campbell's inspired piece is the most accurate to the description.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:22 PM   #235
qz33
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I would assume it is intentional.
Of course it's intentional. Mark Newman puts this in a TON of his sculpts. Y'all seen the Poison Ivy variant?

Some of you would suck the fun out of any room. Guys none of this stuff is so serious. Nekkid chicks do have consequences and it ain't what usually happens in a comic book.

Thre are plenty of others but Look ALL Dejah statues are perv bait ALL of them! -And I wouldn't have it any other way!

"Strong females " "Princess of Mars" Ookie Dokie!
Where y'all think Leia's Slave outfit came from? Yeah I know the French comic but what about that?

So many people have whined they'll probably scratch it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NewmanWrangle.png
Views:	22
Size:	482.6 KB
ID:	149789
Old 05-14-2022, 04:11 AM   #236
Atlantisatdawn
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Of course it's intentional. Mark Newman puts this in a TON of his sculpts. Y'all seen the Poison Ivy variant?

Some of you would suck the fun out of any room. Guys none of this stuff is so serious. Nekkid chicks do have consequences and it ain't what usually happens in a comic book.

Thre are plenty of others but Look ALL Dejah statues are perv bait ALL of them! -And I wouldn't have it any other way!

"Strong females " "Princess of Mars" Ookie Dokie!
Where y'all think Leia's Slave outfit came from? Yeah I know the French comic but what about that?

So many people have whined they'll probably scratch it.

Attachment 149789
You're entitled to your opinion, but a lot of guys dont consider it "fun" to pay 1500 dollars for a statue that has a big brown donkey d**k in it, if this were a $30 dollar action figure it might be funny, but not a 1/3 statue at this price, and in my opinion the Dejah looks too good to have anything in the base to distract from her
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 05:45 AM   #237
qz33
Phoenix

Yeah I get it man but it isn't a donkey d**k it is a bone tusk that serves as a double entendre.

I could instantly see it once someone brought it up but it was not the foremost noticeable aspect of the statue and even after realizing it I do not find it distracting. Doubtful in person it is as easily recognized as pics on a screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
You're entitled to your opinion, but a lot of guys dont consider it "fun" to pay 1500 dollars for a statue that has a big brown donkey d**k in it, if this were a $30 dollar action figure it might be funny, but not a 1/3 statue at this price, and in my opinion the Dejah looks too good to have anything in the base to distract from her
Old 05-14-2022, 05:52 AM   #238
Gyro Zeppeli
The Tick

Some people always have penis on the mind and can't stop thinking about phallic objects I suppose
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 07:03 AM   #239
damienjakk
The X-Men

Sorry if I offended anyone with my comments, that wasn't my intention, I just find the whole thing amusing at this point. Just one more thing I'd like to add, serious question to the potential buyers here.

If this PO delay does in fact have something to do with the base, will you be happy, disappointed, or indifferent if it's altered from it's current look to something less suggestive?
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 07:25 AM   #240
Gyro Zeppeli
The Tick

Chains come from both of her arms in the artwork. If they want a solution they could just mirror the tusk, maybe reduce its size a bit, sharpen its tip just a bit, and have a tusk on both sides of her with the chains going from each arm. Would make the pose make a little more sense too, but I guess it would require moving her arms out a bit so maybe that's more work that it is worth.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote