Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 10-04-2015, 12:31 PM   #451
Bourne1886
Doh!

Hi Everbody, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.

About two months ago I started collecting Superman/Batman figures. I came across a collector on YouTube who had done an unboxing of The Superman for Tomorrow Kotobukiya statue. I really really liked it but had trouble getting one for a reasonable price. I then stumbled across one on eBay made by crazy toys. It looked exactly the same but was much cheaper. I also noticed it didn't have the "S" stand. I ummed and arred about getting it. Eventually I did and I'm glad I did as its really good minus the stand. The Cape is slightly different from the Kotobukiya version but the standard is a very good standard. I compared the statue to a photo of the Kotobukiya version and I couldn't see any difference except maybe the colours in the photo were brighter but I couldn't say for sure which is better. Has anybody got both and is there a massive difference. Thanks.
Bourne1886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:35 PM   #452
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Thumbs down for bootleg pieces.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:02 PM   #453
dark_avenger191
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne1886 View Post
Hi Everbody, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.

About two months ago I started collecting Superman/Batman figures. I came across a collector on YouTube who had done an unboxing of The Superman of Tomorrow Kotobukiya statue. I really really liked it but had trouble getting one for a reasonable price. I then stumbled across one on eBay made by crazy toys. It looked exactly the same but was much cheaper. I also noticed it didn't have the "S" stand. I ummed and arred about getting it. Eventually I did and I'm glad I did as its really good minus the stand. The Cape is slightly different from the Kotobukiya version but the standard is a very good standard. I compared the statue to a photo of the Kotobukiya version and I couldn't see any difference except maybe the colours in the photo were brighter but I couldn't say for sure which is better. Has anybody got both and is there a massive difference. Thanks.
Hello there!

I would suggest getting the original product from Kotobukiya. The quality on all their products is very high and if you are keen on collecting for years to come, you will see just how bootlegs are inferior in sculpt and paint applications to the originals. It is always a good idea to support the company that produces these pieces instead of knock-off companies who try to replicate the original. I really likes Kotos DC & Marvel`s Statue Line up and if we want more awesome statues from them, we should support Kotobukiya, who listens to the community and makes these lines happen, instead of the bootleg companies. I really hope they re-release Supes in 2016 so I can get one.
dark_avenger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:03 PM   #454
actionjackson83
Midnighter

You bought a worthless bootleg and support criminals congratulations.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #455
Bourne1886
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster702 View Post
Thumbs down for bootleg pieces.
Is that in reference to my post? If so is Crazy Toys a bootleg version company or is it a legit company in China?

Has anybody compared them?
Old 10-04-2015, 02:07 PM   #456
Bourne1886
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
You bought a worthless bootleg and support criminals congratulations.
Cheers very kind of you! You're very friendly to a new member aren't you? It's not worthless to me as I don't plan on selling it. I'm into collecting because I want to have a collection.

By the way do you own the forum? Sort yourself out!
Old 10-04-2015, 02:10 PM   #457
Bourne1886
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_avenger191 View Post
Hello there!

I would suggest getting the original product from Kotobukiya. The quality on all their products is very high and if you are keen on collecting for years to come, you will see just how bootlegs are inferior in sculpt and paint applications to the originals. It is always a good idea to support the company that produces these pieces instead of knock-off companies who try to replicate the original. I really likes Kotos DC & Marvel`s Statue Line up and if we want more awesome statues from them, we should support Kotobukiya, who listens to the community and makes these lines happen, instead of the bootleg companies. I really hope they re-release Supes in 2016 so I can get one.
Hi,thanks for your decent reply. I would love to own a Kotobukiya one but I was late to the party. I agree we should support the proper companies. As I'm new to collecting I wasn't to know it was bootleg,I just thought it was another legit Chinese company doing another version. If I ever get the chance to own the real thing I will.
Old 10-04-2015, 02:49 PM   #458
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne1886 View Post
Is that in reference to my post? If so is Crazy Toys a bootleg version company or is it a legit company in China?

Has anybody compared them?

Legit Chinese company lol, if theyre selling knockoffs, dont support them imo.

I got scammed with a bootleg Trunks figuarts statue off amazon being sold as the real thing. So thats why you shoudnt buy even if you like it.

Youre coming off as if you're recommending or promoting this company thats why people get upset.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 03:50 PM   #459
Bourne1886
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster702 View Post
Legit Chinese company lol, if theyre selling knockoffs, dont support them imo.

I got scammed with a bootleg Trunks figuarts statue off amazon being sold as the real thing. So thats why you shoudnt buy even if you like it.

Youre coming off as if you're recommending or promoting this company thats why people get upset.
Well actually I'm not promoting them and I don't support them or knock offs. If I like something how the hell am I supposed to know as I'm new to this. Think about it people. I'm not the expert,hence I've joined what appears to be a very unfriendly forum. Maybe eBay should police knock offs then so they aren't available to buy. I get why people are upset and I agree but most people on here are coming off as all high and mighty about it, bearing in mind I'm new to all this and they haven't taken this into account and just spouted off! Way to go!

I thought joining this forum would be a good thing and all I did was ask a question. I'm not impressed. There's so many do gooders on here having a go at me so why haven't they done anything about it then?! I.e tell eBay if they're so passionate about stopping knocks offs. Can't be that bothered then can they?!!!
Old 10-04-2015, 08:44 PM   #460
IronMC
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I googled for pics of the knock-off in question. Yup, it is a direct knock-off and should not be sold anywhere.

It's unfortunate that some of us new to collecting statues fall for these bootlegs. Some of them do look really good, but I would rather support the real company. I would never intentionally buy a knock-off.

That said, I do have at least one knock-off from another company as the original was too hard to find. I purchased thinking, "what a great price!" Looks good, but not great as it should. Again, I didn't know until after I made the purchase it was a knock-off.
IronMC is offline   Reply With Quote