Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-06-2016, 04:15 PM   #331
CJ82
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

+1 Stephen Sadowski - via his rep Jerry at Serendipity (http://serendipityartsales.com). Probably the fastest commission I've gotten, everything was done within a week or two. Stephen's art is top notch, he was open to concepts, communication with his rep is good. Recommended.
CJ82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:50 AM   #332
CJ82

-1 Richard Pace - Commissioned him 3 or 4 months ago, finished the piece (to 'meh' results, looked more sloppy than his usual work) and then never received anything. Emailed him after a month to ask whats up, said he would check at the post office then never got back to me. Emailed again another couple of weeks later, says he thinks the piece is lost and will do a replacement but can't for another month. I imagine it's going to be a case of me chasing him about it instead of him being vigilant and keeping me updated/getting me what I paid for. Don't care anymore. Avoid.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:42 PM   #333
CJ82

-1 John Heeblink - Took several months for a simple 1 character piece. The artwork arrived today damaged, corner was bent (it was shipped in a huge box, with just a couple of those plastic inflatable things, the drawing was basically loose). I flipped it over and on the back is some unrelated, unfinished drawing of another character (someone else's commission?), half inked so the inks from that drawing show through onto mine when held up, I'm not sure why he did that but I'm not too jazzed about having a random half finished drawing on the back of my commission. Definitely feel ripped off.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:56 AM   #334
CJ82

+1 Alex Riegel - Quick (had my large full color piece done in under 2 weeks) open to concept and good communication via his rep Lan. Kept me updated with progress shots. I sprung for a large full color piece, he went all out with text and little tidbits filling up all the space, same price range as what you would get for a single figure with zero background, if interested jump on it while the prices are where they are. Recommended.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:50 PM   #335
BillC
Hellboy

I have a huge GOTG related commission project I've been working on for years (holding off posting stuff online til I get a lot of material ready to dump at once). A couple of the people who worked on it in the past:

+3 Joe Rubinstein: I had some pieces that needed serious attention and were perfect for Joe's talents. Price/payment deal was fair, communication excellent, attention was paid to my specs, end results were great. The time the commissions took was very reasonable.

+4 (it should be +5 as one piece is a DPS) Mitch Ballard: Prices are fantastic (especially for the quality), great work (especially his pencils IMO), pays great attention to specs, protective shipping, fast work. My project might have been dead in the water if not for Mitch, and I'm hesitant to tell people how good he is as that might give him more jobs from others when I want him on more of my stuff!
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:38 PM   #336
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC View Post

+3 Joe Rubinstein: I had some pieces that needed serious attention and were perfect for Joe's talents. Price/payment deal was fair, communication excellent, attention was paid to my specs, end results were great. The time the commissions took was very reasonable.
Nice to hear something positive about an experience with Joe. Hopefully this is a trend that continues.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:27 AM   #337
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Anyone here have any experience with Bob Layton ?

I'm planning to get a classic Iron Man commission with Layton.
majestic1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:34 AM   #338
JonnyUK
Doh!

I commissioned Bob Layton years ago for a variant cover of an Avengers issue (276). He was really good with communications and I was delighted with the results.

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...p?piece=287281

Not sure if things are still the same as they were, but I'd hope you'd have a good experience like I did
JonnyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:35 AM   #339
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Anyone here have any experience with Bob Layton ?

I'm planning to get a classic Iron Man commission with Layton.
I have have 2 good experiences with Bob

CAF
Old 08-26-2017, 08:37 AM   #340
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82 View Post
-1 Richard Pace - Commissioned him 3 or 4 months ago, finished the piece (to 'meh' results, looked more sloppy than his usual work) and then never received anything. Emailed him after a month to ask whats up, said he would check at the post office then never got back to me. Emailed again another couple of weeks later, says he thinks the piece is lost and will do a replacement but can't for another month. I imagine it's going to be a case of me chasing him about it instead of him being vigilant and keeping me updated/getting me what I paid for. Don't care anymore. Avoid.
Did you work through Richard directly? You might want to try his rep, Gin Kung on FB as I have found him pretty easy to deal with.

CAF