Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-14-2018, 03:19 PM   #271
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
Donna is what got me to this line. It’s dream come true to finally have titans made into quality statues. Can’t wait to collect Robin, Nightwing, Deathstroke, Kid Flash, Starfire, Raven, Speedy, Cyborg and Beast boy/changeling from Tweeterhead. And a nice Batman, Batgirl, and Catwoman statues are always a plus!

Oh man, I am so gonna be bankrupt.
Yes, but my guess is it will be 2028 before all the ones I want are out so plenty of time to spread out the $3000-5000 I'll be out on this line.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:09 AM   #272
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
They can just do another Superman, Batman or WW in a different pose a year or two down the road, problem solved... Or you can just buy one of the originals on Ebay… Tweeterhead statues don't seem to go up that much in value, there might be a few exceptions but quite a few you can get for 10%-30% less then the original retail price right now.. Heck I bought Super Powers Harley for $230

I also sold off my Batman Classic line from Tweeterhead, the best I could get was about 40% less then what I original paid for them from Tweeterhead.
I think that Tweeterhead statues do not go much up in value because he is still producing them. For the most part, while Randy Bowen was still sculpting statue you could still get his statue for good prices on Ebay (there were characters like Ant-Man and YellowJacket, for example, that were the exception).

I also think that the Batman Classic line was more of a niche collection. Those statues are not going to appeal to the broader statue collectors. Trust me, I was thrilled when I saw the original Batwoman and Bat-Girl statues being produced and I did get them (I ended up getting them via Ebay). I think statue collectors would look at that line and think "oh, those are cool looking" and then move on.

I do remember reading that the Batwoman and Bat-Girl did not sell well. I wonder how the whole Batman Classic line sold as a whole.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:02 PM   #273
built2shred
Phoenix

I don't think a lot of statues will go up in value just because there are so many other options out there, why pay a premium for a used statue on a line you missed out on when you know there will be multiple other companies making other lines that you might be interested in and can get in from the start...

Just to much competition out there, the market is flooded.... I think Tweetherhead Classic Batman line would of went up in value if it was made 5-6 years ago when there was no competition and you didn't have several other companies flooding the market with Batman related statues..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:07 PM   #274
Augen
Metal Men

Also, it seems many companies have raised prices to adjust to the market. If you're selling a statue for $400 and see it selling on secondary market for $500 that is a sign you left money on the table. Now if a statue is $500 the secondary market may still be at $500.

If you want to invest I'd advise away from statues.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:05 AM   #275
jimjimmyjones85
Birdman

Gold is a better options
jimjimmyjones85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:00 PM   #276
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

haljordan99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:10 PM   #277
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Pretty excited to see what they've got to show us.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:04 PM   #278
Mister H
Gen 13

Hyped for Batman.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:13 PM   #279
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Yes! I am so excited to see Batman and Robin together!
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:15 AM   #280
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Still no mention of a SDCC exclusive. Maybe they changed their mind...even though he brought it up multiple times? Oh well, maybe it's a surprise. Just curious...
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote