Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-14-2018, 02:25 PM   #61
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

The way I see it. If you want movie/comic representation wait for P1 and whatever else SS releases. SS did say they’ve got something special in store for the fans.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:07 PM   #62
gearhead
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Why should it be screen accurate when it´s not based on a movie? The fingers are 100% right, because it´s the Giger Alien, not from the movie.
No it isn't. It looks far less like the original Giger alien (movie or painting) than it does a warrior alien from the movie Aliens. And since it closely resembles the warrior alien I incorrectly thought that's what it was intended to be. My bad. So this is one artists interpretation of the aliens? Great, no thanks. Interesting though that both of you immediately pounced on me to come to XMs defense yet again. This is a nice sculpt, but like eternalblue02 said, I'll be waiting for P1s Warrior Alien. Their Dog Alien is the best Alien sculpt out there to date, period. And I'm sure their Warrior will be equally good. And it will be screen accurate.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:00 PM   #63
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Accurate or not this statue’s going to be a show stopper much like their Predator. There’s plenty of styles to go around folks. 😁
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:42 PM   #64
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
No it isn't. It looks far less like the original Giger alien (movie or painting) than it does a warrior alien from the movie Aliens. And since it closely resembles the warrior alien I incorrectly thought that's what it was intended to be. My bad. So this is one artists interpretation of the aliens? Great, no thanks. Interesting though that both of you immediately pounced on me to come to XMs defense yet again. This is a nice sculpt, but like eternalblue02 said, I'll be waiting for P1s Warrior Alien. Their Dog Alien is the best Alien sculpt out there to date, period. And I'm sure their Warrior will be equally good. And it will be screen accurate.
No one is pouncing on you. Just clearing the information as to why the Alien and Predators will not be movie accurate. It is a creative license. I don't understand why you feel we were pouncing on you for clearing that up.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:05 PM   #65
gearhead
The Herculoids

Sorry loricstone, that was directed more at Grumpybear than you. Just seemed like you were piling on a bit. Anytime anyone has even the slightest criticism for an XM piece, poof...there's Grumpy from out of nowhere to passive aggressively tell said person why they are wrong, and finish with a condescending smiley face. And in my defense, neither of you said anything about XM not having the movie license, thus the creative liberties. I had to go back and dig a little to figure that out. I get it now. I have no doubt this will be a very impressive work of art, but it's not for me. I'll leave you to it.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 02:40 AM   #66
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Sorry loricstone, that was directed more at Grumpybear than you. Just seemed like you were piling on a bit. Anytime anyone has even the slightest criticism for an XM piece, poof...there's Grumpy from out of nowhere to passive aggressively tell said person why they are wrong, and finish with a condescending smiley face. And in my defense, neither of you said anything about XM not having the movie license, thus the creative liberties. I had to go back and dig a little to figure that out. I get it now. I have no doubt this will be a very impressive work of art, but it's not for me. I'll leave you to it.

We "both immediately pounced on you"? XMs defense yet again? If you said it´s not movie accurate we just responded it´s not based on a movie. That should clear the question it´s not a movie license.

Wrong is i comment on evey slightest criticism, i just do it if something feels wrong. And wrong is i come out of nowhere to passive aggressively tell people why they are wrong. I don´t come out of nowhere, because i´m always here.

Seng himself wrote: "We are not following any movie...it´s Narin design... inspired by HR."
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:33 PM   #67
Joel
The Herculoids

https://youtu.be/pGdHKbKI3n8
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:34 PM   #68
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
WOW! Now this has blown me away! Love the wetlook and switch head is amazing! I need this
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:49 PM   #69
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

This looks great! The cat is a nice touch.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:51 PM   #70
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Simply a master sculpt. Great, great work XM.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote