Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-31-2018, 08:46 AM   #521
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

In issue the AMAZING SPIDERMAN #230 written by Roger Stern with artwork by John Romita Jr, Jim Mooney and Glynis Wein, we see how Juggernaut’s own recklessness and over-reliance on his indestructibility can lead to defeat as it did when Spider-Man led Juggy into wet cement, putting a stop to his rampage. It was cleverness and persistence on Spidey’s part that led to Juggernaut’s downfall, though you should note that he’s never been shown to be the typical strong, dumb opponent. He is and will be just a bit careless. THAT is what I like about this charaker mostly and will be excited to order him ... I wait so long to put him into my 1/4 collection. I hope the teaser will bring it on like I hope.

Sidestep:

I try to remember if anytime PUNISHER was in a battle with Juggernaut? I can not remember... FoN do you got any informations about this fight?
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:22 PM   #522
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

How about this for a thread bump :

Nothing can stop the ...... JUGGERNAUT!!!!!
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 02:49 AM   #523
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

LOL!
I am certain Juggernaut will enjoy the renowned Southern hospitality as much as the next man and a playful Southern Belle is the stuff dreams are made of, if you know what I mean?

That being said, a chainsaw will do nothing to stop the big behemoth. It will do nothing but humor him at best and insult him in the worst case...
I mean, we are talking about an Exemplar here, a demi-God, one of the most feared heavyhitters in the MU... Juggernaut is an unstoppable engine of destruction who has taken on the likes of Hulk, Thor, Colossus, Rhino and lives to tell the tale with his head up high.
What good will a chainsaw do against a man who possesses the power of the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak? Against a being fueled by the mystical energies of the mysterious deity Cyttorak?

All Rogue will achieve is that she will destroy the chainsaw and probably gets hit pretty badly in her efforts to stop the unstoppable Juggernaut.

Rogue deserves big kudos for being courageous enough to face the Juggernaut and by doing so she shows she is an X-Man through and through.
She deserves an A+ for her efforts but I am afraid she will learn the hard and painful way that the Exemplar of Physical Strength cannot be stopped if he does not want to...

Just my two cents though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
maybe that's Rogue way to show her hospitality.. Tap Juggy on his shoulder with a Chainsaw.. You know how playful our SouthernBelle is..
Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 02:57 AM   #524
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

LOL!

What can I say my friend except for this:
Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

Juggernaut has faced Thor and the Mighty Odinson was not able to hurt Juggy with Mjolnir.
With that in mind, what in the world does Rogue think to accomplish with a mere chainsaw?

If our Southern Belle catches Juggy in a bad mood all she will achieve is that Juggy will curse at her in the same way as he cursed at brave Kitty in the movie X-Men III: The Last Stand:
Don't you know who I am?
I am The Juggernaut, b*tch!

Just my two cents though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Hmmm.... I disagree. I think a chainsaw is really a good idea, even a smart idea. Rogue probably hope The Juggernaut will have some rotocasting issues and of course the chainsaw will be perfect to chop him up like a (big)tomato, and, finally, to stop the Unstoppable.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:13 AM   #525
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi Punisher,

I have been thinking but I cannot recall a direct confrontation between Punisher and Juggernaut either:

I do know that Marvel released a one-shot comic book 'Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe' in 1995 in which is shown how Punisher takes out may iconic heroes and villains in the MU.
In the book you do not see Punisher taking out Juggernaut but if you take the title literally, Punisher also confronted and neutralized Juggernaut.

Hopefully Frank and Cain will cross paths in the future since I too would be very curious to see what would happen!
I am afraid that Frank's best effort would not even be enough to make The Juggernaut slow his pace one bit...
I will be the first one though to admit that as a Juggernaut fan I may be a bit biased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
In issue the AMAZING SPIDERMAN #230 written by Roger Stern with artwork by John Romita Jr, Jim Mooney and Glynis Wein, we see how Juggernaut’s own recklessness and over-reliance on his indestructibility can lead to defeat as it did when Spider-Man led Juggy into wet cement, putting a stop to his rampage. It was cleverness and persistence on Spidey’s part that led to Juggernaut’s downfall, though you should note that he’s never been shown to be the typical strong, dumb opponent. He is and will be just a bit careless. THAT is what I like about this charaker mostly and will be excited to order him ... I wait so long to put him into my 1/4 collection. I hope the teaser will bring it on like I hope.

Sidestep:

I try to remember if anytime PUNISHER was in a battle with Juggernaut? I can not remember... FoN do you got any informations about this fight?
Rainer
Old 08-05-2018, 09:13 AM   #526
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi Subby,

I like where your head's at... you certaiunly tell it like it is!

There is indeed nothing which can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
How about this for a thread bump :

Nothing can stop the ...... JUGGERNAUT!!!!!
Rainer
Old 08-05-2018, 10:21 AM   #527
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Don’t need to stop the juggernaut to beat the juggernaut
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:01 AM   #528
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:39 AM   #529
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
Is this Mads or Kubert?
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 12:09 PM   #530
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

So, Force of Nature, what does Juggernaut do if Rogue decides she wants to remove her glove and lay a bare hand on old Juggy? She, for a time, absorbs and matches his strength while weakening him. She retains her advantage of flight as well.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote