Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 10-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #881
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
Well that breaks a lot of collections for Europeans, or they have to be willing to dig deep into their bank accounts. Buying from a 3rd party means giving them cash for selling it, then add shipping, VAT and customs.

It seems that more companies lost the license to sell marvel stuff overseas in 2014. But isn't that also a big market for them? I know we kinda don't exist for the US, but we are there and buy alot. It's just bummer that collections get split now. The bookends f.e. are now never to be united or at too high a price.

Question though, I don't know if Dreamwalker can answer it. Are you still shipping these products to Wholesale companies in Europe or is that also off limits? And what about shared storage wholesales? PBM is a big international wholesales company and have an American and a European warehouse. What if those marvel and Walking Dead collectibles end up in Europe anyways?

Just baffles me why marvel would shut out the rest of the world by denying licenses or over asking money wise. I guess it's a touchy subject and I don't expect an answer on everything, but a few answers would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Bowen always said the cost of getting a Marvel licenses for outside the US was extremely expensive and couldn't justify the price. I'm assuming the same for GG. I don't understand it as Koto seems to have the license for Marvel stuff and sells in Asia and the US.

But beating up companies like GG and Bowen isn't where the complaints should be directed.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #882
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

It isn't intended as "beating up". Just curious.
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #883
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Referring to chaggs1
Old 10-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #884
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Dreamwalker, are the clear cubes on the new Marvel Black Widow statue place holders for a yet to be revealed piece of the sculpture or will the final version ship with them as they are shown now?
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #885
Dreamwalker
Gentle Giant Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaggs1 View Post
Dreamwalker can you please explain why some the best pieces in the Marvel range can only be shipped within USA, Canada, Guam and Puerto Rico?

So what about all the other collectors from around the world who have bought many pieces from you direct over the years. Myself I have most of the Sucker Punch statues and Star Wars mini bust. So it's basically means screw you if your overseas. What a joke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
seeing marvel 1/4 scale black widow.. is there a chance you guys are going also into 1/4 scale for Star Wars ????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
You talk as if GG is intentionally trying to screw over international customers, when the reason is much more likely that Marvel's licensing restricts them from directly selling overseas. Marvel's licensing department is very particular about what types of collectibles companies can make, what scale, and where they can sell them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Unfortunately that's usually the case

Although I'm sure you'll be able to buy it through 3rd parties. But I can understand the frustration with not being able to buy it direct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Bowen is the same way. They can only ship to US addresses as it's the way their contract is.

Straight from the Bowen Website: "Notice regarding all Bowen Products: Per our contractual agreements, we are not permitted to ship or sell outside of the United States territory. "

I'd be willing to bet Marvel puts the same restrictions on GG as they have for Bowen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Bowen always said the cost of getting a Marvel licenses for outside the US was extremely expensive and couldn't justify the price. I'm assuming the same for GG. I don't understand it as Koto seems to have the license for Marvel stuff and sells in Asia and the US.

But beating up companies like GG and Bowen isn't where the complaints should be directed.
Quote:
Hey Guys,

The short of the long of it is due to the licensing agreement with marvel we can only ship to USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Dreamwalker,

The GG website description for HT Derby says it includes her dogtags and a charm. Will dogtags and charm be included with Whisper? Thanks.
Yes they will have dog tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Dreamwalker, are the clear cubes on the new Marvel Black Widow statue place holders for a yet to be revealed piece of the sculpture or will the final version ship with them as they are shown now?
I think the clear cubes will be part of the finalized piece. How ever if there is a change we will announce it, not to say there will be other wise it would have "pending approval " on it.
Dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #886
Dreamwalker
Gentle Giant Rep
Producer

Raas forgot to add in a reply to you. Yes its always a possibility. We may do them in the future . As of right now were focusing on our current projects.
Dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #887
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Thanks for answering my question on the Black Widow statue Dreamwalker.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #888
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

So if dogtags are included on the regular Whisper what about those of us who purchased the variant? Is there any way we can get those since they're not included with our statue?
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #889
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Although your only shipping within the US will the product be available through Previews and other online stores for international collectors?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #890
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

God I hope the clear cubes are not the final design.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote