Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-06-2023, 06:43 PM   #1
Mister H
Green Goblin

Marvel Kills the Punisher (Again)

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-pun...ding-explained

Here we go again. The character that Marvel hates people liking so much is going to be killed again. His end is written by Jason Aaron....I know big surprise.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 07:13 PM   #2
SONICobra
Batman

meh im actively ignoring current marvel comics, i have a library of the good sh_t i will enjoy for many years. they can keep all this social commentary bs
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 07:19 PM   #3
protector2814
Phoenix

"Bla" Try as they might, they'll never take away my Frank Castle/Punisher. I own his entire run up until & including a few arcs after the amazing Ennis' run. I love the character as much as I love his decades long run of glory days. I'll continue to read my Punisher library. Whatever. I don't care what Marvel does with this character anymore. Screw 'em.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 10:01 PM   #4
MrYac
Hercules

i'm sure he'll be back as Francine Castle in a couple months.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 05:56 AM   #5
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I don't like the new chest emblem anyway. That is not my Punisher, but if Marvel combine this run with Punisher Max run of Aaron and make an Aaron Punisher Omnibus, i would get that. Eh... This is comics, death doesn't mean anything.

I am very peculiar when it comes to Batman, i can't stand him using guns or tolerating guns and killing. I mean DC got it stuck in my head that Batman has one rule, he doesn't kill and Batman hates guns from childhood with repeat after repeat... lol

Yet, i like reading Punisher because he is a deffirent character than Batman. He has no rule. Anything goes with Punisher as long as it gets the job done and the job is murdering criminals. Punisher's way is wrong, but even Batman's way is very questinable... Resolving to violence is also going down to same level as criminals and wrong, it is no solution etc.

But i give it thought and finally come to conculution of it is ok because i believe comics should be ----ed up... It shouldn't be about pleasing parents. lol It should have extreme gore, violance and sex. It should be a devil worshiping rock n roll !!!! and metal !!!

The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 09:40 AM   #6
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
"Bla" Try as they might, they'll never take away my Frank Castle/Punisher. I own his entire run up until & including a few arcs after the amazing Ennis' run. I love the character as much as I love his decades long run of glory days. I'll continue to read my Punisher library. Whatever. I don't care what Marvel does with this character anymore. Screw 'em.
Yeah they changed his chest symbol because they didn?t like cops and the military using it. Makes zero sense because cops and the military still use it. Lots of sensitive types in Marvel have always hated the popularity of the Punisher and have killed him off twice before only to have him come back as a supernatural character, an idea that failed both times but hey, that doesn?t stop Marvel from repeating bad ideas. The Punisher is very much like Batman and Captain America to me. I love the idea of the characters even though I don?t love most of their comics. Like you, I have some good Punisher stories that I can go back to every now and then and a bad@$$ statue so that?s something.
Old 06-07-2023, 09:52 AM   #7
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
meh im actively ignoring current marvel comics, i have a library of the good sh_t i will enjoy for many years. they can keep all this social commentary bs
Yep, me as well. I only took notice of this article because Marvel's pettiness and hypocrisy knows no bounds it seems. For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure they intend on bringing back the Ultimate Universe. Ultimate Cap is second only to Batman on my favorite characters list which piques my curiosity but I'm sure they want to bring him back to replace him with a paraplegic dwarf.
Old 06-07-2023, 09:53 AM   #8
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
Maria Castle taking up "the mantle" of the Punisher is my bet.
Old 06-07-2023, 09:53 AM   #9
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
lol - Believe it or not, I kinda enjoyed the Frankencastle Arc. A lot of the old 70's Marvel Supernaturals were brought back for that story. I also liked the odd "Frank goes to Ascard mini, where he teamed with Foggy Nelson & ends up traveling via Thor's chariot pulling goats.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 09:56 AM   #10
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
lol - Believe it or not, I kinda enjoyed the Frankencastle Arc. A lot of the old 70's Marvel Supernaturals were brought back for that story. I also liked the odd "Frank goes to Ascard mini, where he teamed with Foggy Nelson & ends up traveling via Thor's chariot pulling goats.
Oh that is great. Then you sure as hell will enjoy a transgender Punisher.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote