Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 02-13-2017, 09:38 PM   #581
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Nice idea with the rabbit pelt.

I really like this piece. I like how Conan is one piece, no magnets to hold on the hands or head. It feels really solid this way.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:55 AM   #582
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
I have it lit that way, bit it doesn'tphotograph well.
You should still give it a shot. I think it would take some work to get it right but it could really set this off since that scene has such distinct lighting.

If you feel like it post what you have. We're past the initial impression stage so no one's going to be cancelling orders over it.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:19 PM   #583
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Comparing this to the piece we hauled to shows last year, it's really did come out very well. I personally think the skin tone is exactly where we wanted it, not to light and not to tanned.

I'm pretty proud of this piece and I think that all orders that are paid in full have shipped.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:58 PM   #584
#Brian
Shadowhawk

I 100% agree, it's my favorite statue in a collection of 11 Q scales.

And I love the avitar, Chronicle.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:24 AM   #585
Dave Mac
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Comparing this to the piece we hauled to shows last year, it's really did come out very well. I personally think the skin tone is exactly where we wanted it, not to light and not to tanned.

I'm pretty proud of this piece and I think that all orders that are paid in full have shipped.

Paul
Not got mine yet but so glad you went with the tanned look. Looking forward to Thulsa Doom updates. Great work!
Dave Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:48 AM   #586
Croissants
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
I personally think the skin tone is exactly where we wanted it, not to light and not to tanned.
I understand one has to stand behind their product, but saying the skin tone is exactly where you wanted it is a little concerning. Happy with it or not, it is off significantly compared to Arnold Schwarzenegger's skin tone seen in the movie, which spurred many subsequent complaints and likely put many people on the fence regarding ordering this, myself included.

On a positive note however, the sculpt is terrific!

Quote:
not to light and not to tanned.
Sorry, the obsessive compulsive grammar police in me has to speak up. It's TOO, not "to". Not TOO light and not TOO tanned. . Sorry!
Croissants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:37 PM   #587
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croissants View Post
I understand one has to stand behind their product, but saying the skin tone is exactly where you wanted it is a little concerning. Happy with it or not, it is off significantly compared to Arnold Schwarzenegger's skin tone seen in the movie, which spurred many subsequent complaints and likely put many people on the fence regarding ordering this, myself included.

On a positive note however, the sculpt is terrific!

Sorry, the obsessive compulsive grammar police in me has to speak up. It's TOO, not "to". Not TOO light and not TOO tanned. . Sorry!
Is this a sock puppet account?

You joined in January only to post in the Chronicle endo thread and switched over to the King Conan thread only. If someone goes to your profile and reads all posts by you they will see a trend where you only post in this thread and it starts to feel a bit troll like.

Right around guys like Darkhumor were raising a stink.

No offense, just curious. You have been quiet for awhile and now the minute Paul posts, here you are. I mean seriously, Paul comes back and BAM there you are to pounce.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:39 PM   #588
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:

You joined in January only to post in the Chronicle endo thread and switched over to the King Conan thread only. If someone goes to your profile and reads all posts by you they will see a trend where you only post in this thread and it starts to feel a bit troll like.

Right around guys like Darkhumor were raising a stink.

No offense, just curious. You have been quiet for awhile and now the minute Paul posts, here you are. I mean seriously, Paul comes back and BAM there you are to pounce.
I was kinda thinking the same.

Now, if he pm's me "You mad, bro?" a hundred times, we'll know they are one in the same.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 03:01 PM   #589
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Lol
Old 02-16-2017, 03:03 PM   #590
Croissants
Frackin!

Quote:

You joined in January only to post in the Chronicle endo thread and switched over to the King Conan
DELETED COMMENT

If you actually took your time and didn't see what you wanted to see, but saw what was actual, you would have seen I have NEVER posted on the endo thread. I posted on the Terminator Genisys non damaged Arnold bust because a website got a hold of one and showed preview pics so I shared the link.

Also, if you scroll back a few pages in these threads I explain what a huge Conan the Barbarian disciple I am.

I love that people who pretend to be the most tollerant are often the least. I am not happy with the skin tone. It does NOT make me a troll. Many people have agreed in other social media pages. But I guess we're all the same people to you. Whatever dude.

You win. I'll join your side now and sing the Lego song - Everything is Awesome.

All opinions are accepted here. Yeah right.

Last edited by JadeGiant; 02-16-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Croissants is offline   Reply With Quote