Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I might buy one maybe two tops.
famous last words
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:26 PM   #242
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

I think if you complete the collection (i.e at least the big 4) they might actually look good together when paired up with 1/4 scale statues.

Buying just one 1/5 scale statue by itself and putting it next to 1/4 statues will look a bit awkward.

The only issue is, will SS keep the line going or will they quit part way into it?

I find myself saying it a lot lately, but I'm personally waiting for the edition size before I jump in.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:56 PM   #243
built2shred
Phoenix

If you got deep shelves like 5' deep you can put the 1:4 PF's in the back and the 1:5 statues in the front and they will look in scale
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:09 PM   #244
Choopie
Birdman

I do find it interesting that Sideshow is starting to push 1:5 again, when years ago the scale wasn't a popular seller. Collectors even stated that 1:5 was a "fail" line. Maybe collectors are warming back up to the scale because of space issues. But I don't find them to be all that affordable, though. $360 for this IronMan I do find a bit pricey for what it is. Makes the Turtle statues look like a bargain given their level of detail.

One thing history has showed me with Sideshow is that they can't stick to completing lines, no matter the scale. Which is one big reason why I have no desire to invest in this new line, or others like MOTU, in the hopes we see a complete lineup, especially at the prices these things now.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:20 PM   #245
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choopie View Post
One thing history has showed me with Sideshow is that they can't stick to completing lines, no matter the scale. Which is one big reason why I have no desire to invest in this new line, or others like MOTU, in the hopes we see a complete lineup, especially at the prices these things now.
Devils advocate, when people say "a complete lineup" it's one thing with the Fellowship (our bad) TMNT, or the JLA Trinity, because those are defined "Teams" or actual lineups. With something like MOTU, or this new Avengers line, what would be complete? It's totally subjective. The Avengers roster can go deeper than 20, and the MOTU world more-so. What makes it "complete"?

To me, with this Avengers line, we're starting with the big 4. That's the bare minimum. Everything after that is like an expansion or booster pack.

So yah, if someone is buying into these 4 hoping one day we'll do a Swordsman or a Black Knight, and that to them completes an Avengers team... that's a big risk.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:37 PM   #246
Choopie
Birdman

You're right about the subjectivity of what constitutes a complete line for Avengers or MOTU. Everyone is going to have a different viewpoint. But there seems to be an expectation with collectors that you go beyond the big 4. Why keep rehashing the same characters if additional characters are not added to the lineup?

Speaking for myself, I invested heavily in your Indiana Jones license. I bought just about everything Sideshow produced and in the end we had an incomplete 12" line, no Last Crusade PF, a random 1/5 statue, a random 1/7 dio, and a few prop replicas. I love my collection, but it's incomplete.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:44 PM   #247
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
The Avengers roster can go deeper than 20, and the MOTU world more-so. What makes it "complete"?
Add black panther, Scarlet, vision and end with an antman and wasp dio and I'll be satisfied.
That's just my dream expansion outside of the big 4.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:56 PM   #248
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
Add black panther, Scarlet, vision and end with an antman and wasp dio and I'll be satisfied.
That's just my dream expansion outside of the big 4.
I like the idea of Ant-Man and Wasp being a dio...
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:13 PM   #249
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
Lies! I'll save you a good seat at the 1:5 table
I might be tempted if their hulk... looks go....

NO! NO GET OUTTA MY HEAD!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 11:03 PM   #250
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
I like the idea of Ant-Man and Wasp being a dio...
How about the Marvel Villains? David. They do look nice in 1/5 scale as well if you guys keep them consistent like what you will be doing with the Avengers set
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote