Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-18-2019, 03:16 AM   #1
MasterJedi
Doh!

Besta Advice/Help?

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask as I didn’t know if statue other went in here or the general thread, but I really need some help with some bestas. I figured here would be the best place to ask before taking a couple hour long drive down to ikea.

I wanted to display a few bestas on carpet in the middle of a room. So, no wall support. They would either be the 50” units or 75” units and would be displayed either back to back or side by side with detolf cabinets behind them. I would like to have glass doors on them, but am afraid it would make them too top heavy. I’m also not sure if legs or no legs would be the better route. I have no wall space left, so middle of the room is only option.

Mostly was going to put some premium formats statues in one unit and Hot Toys in another unit.

Does anyone have their units displayed in a middle of the room? Or anyone have theirs on carpet not attached to a wall or not leaning against the wall?

Could anyone please offer some suggestions or advice? Last thing I want is to spend money on them if they won’t stand or more importantly risk that they fall and break my stuff.
MasterJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:06 AM   #2
nameivom
The Herculoids

Besta Burs Desk is an option

If you do the besta units back to back with some weight on them (the statues) you shouldn't have a problem. Only get legs for them if you want to view them a bit higher. Setting them on carpet also works fine as I've done that before and never had a tipping issue.

If you don't mind having your statues out in the open you might want to look into the 47" long besta burs tables in gloss white. They have legs on either side, can hold a decent amount of weight and you get two small drawers with them to place extras from your statues. I got rid of the besta units I had because they were too boxy and you could only see the statue from the side you had showing without adding mirrors. The desks are $199 brand new but can be found secondary for around $100 from time to time. In my opinion they look great.

Here is an example of one, excuse the clutter as I am not entirely done with this room yet but as you can see you can fit a decent amount on them and they are white gloss on the front and back so you can set it up in the middle of a room if you like. 47" long, 15" deep and 29" tall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8761.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	123408  
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:24 AM   #3
MasterJedi
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
If you do the besta units back to back with some weight on them (the statues) you shouldn't have a problem. Only get legs for them if you want to view them a bit higher. Setting them on carpet also works fine as I've done that before and never had a tipping issue.

If you don't mind having your statues out in the open you might want to look into the 47" long besta burs tables in gloss white. They have legs on either side, can hold a decent amount of weight and you get two small drawers with them to place extras from your statues. I got rid of the besta units I had because they were too boxy and you could only see the statue from the side you had showing without adding mirrors. The desks are $199 brand new but can be found secondary for around $100 from time to time. In my opinion they look great.

Here is an example of one, excuse the clutter as I am not entirely done with this room yet but as you can see you can fit a decent amount on them and they are white gloss on the front and back so you can set it up in the middle of a room if you like. 47" long, 15" deep and 29" tall.
Thank you for the advice! I do like those tables and it does allow for a better view of the statue. I might have to pick one up over the besta cabinet. Thank you.
MasterJedi is offline   Reply With Quote