Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #13011
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

The Hobbit 6/10

I will note that I was physically tired when going into this one, and I nodded off a few times during the slow part, of which there were many.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #13012
bat_collector
Galactus

The Hobbit 9/10 Loved it. saw it in the High frame rate format. Still not sure what I think about that, though.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #13013
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
The Man With The Iron Fists: 6/10 - I was so excited when I saw the trailer for this way back when. But it doesn't live up to the trailer at all. Hammy overacting (Crowe is one of the worst offenders), pretty awful dialogue and an uneven mix of short action scenes with drawn out back story elements. Had a couple of cool bits (you saw them in the trailer) and RZA seems completely out of place.
I so wanted to see this but having a Former Wrestler and a Rapper who both really never acted before, just made me not want to see it. I may watch it on DVD when it comes out.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #13014
Python
Omega Red

Ted 5/10

I was really looking forward to this one but ultimately I found it a little slow and not anywhere near as funny as I expected. It was basically a long episode of family guy with a bear and Mark Wahlberg.

Paul 8/10

I've seen this one about three times now and found it just as enjoyable each time. Maybe I'm just biased as I'm a sci fi geek but I love all the little references, good film too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Men In Black 3 - 8/10

Blind bought this one, and it was a very nice surprise. After the second movie came out, it seemed to me the concept of MIB was a one hit wonder. I enjoyed the first one, but the the second one was simply trying to hard to replicate the magic of the first and striking out while doing so. I am happy to say MIB 3 is an excellent addition to the franchise. I knew Brolin was going to be good, I am just glad his presence wasn't the only redeeming quality in the film.
This is good to hear, I loved the first film completely.... the second however is best forgotten I think, I guess Il go and rent this one when I'm next off work.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:33 PM   #13015
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Enough of you seem to have enjoyed "Paul"; I'll have to give it a whirl at some point.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #13016
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Moneyball 7/10
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #13017
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Enough of you seem to have enjoyed "Paul"; I'll have to give it a whirl at some point.
Have fun with that one. Personally I hated it. Found it annoyingly stupid and almost shut it off halfway through.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #13018
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Have fun with that one. Personally I hated it. Found it annoyingly stupid and almost shut it off halfway through.
I probably won't like it, then... I'm someone who found the majority of "The Hangover" to be less than funny, minus a small laugh here or there.. so "Paul" probably would probably go over just as poorly with me. I "got" all the comedic moments, I just didn't find most of them to be funny.

Having said that, I only saw its sequel once, but if I recall correctly, I think I enjoyed it more than the original.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #13019
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The Dark Knight Rises - 8.5/10

Satisfying conclusion to Nolan's trilogy but my least favorite of the three. As big as this film was I think it deserved a bit more Batman. I think My Cocaine deserves a Best Supporting Actor nomination for his portrayal of Alfred as he stole every scene he was in. I'd love to see JGL's John Blake don the cape and cowl in the upcoming Justice League film.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #13020
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

"You're not doin' it nasal enough!" - name that "Michael Caine" movie.

Agreed, though... Caine's a fantastic Alfred. You 100% believe that he IS Bruce Wayne's butler, friend, and lifelong caregiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The Dark Knight Rises - 8.5/10

Satisfying conclusion to Nolan's trilogy but my least favorite of the three. As big as this film was I think it deserved a bit more Batman. I think My Cocaine deserves a Best Supporting Actor nomination for his portrayal of Alfred as he stole every scene he was in. I'd love to see JGL's John Blake don the cape and cowl in the upcoming Justice League film.