Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-11-2020, 06:49 PM   #11
scgt1
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGwen View Post
Been away, but I'm a fan of the idea! Any new update?
If your asking me lol I just got my 8 bar led strips in today, my felt and velcro strips in the past two days and still waiting for my acrylic to ship. You know Covid-19 and all. LOL Maybe if I ordered thicker then 1/8 it would have shipped by now.

Going to try out a light bar tonight since they are 11" and not 12" like the other two kits we have used. To make sure they provide enough light. If not I'll send them back and go with Litever instead since it can be expanded to 8 unlike the Hun Hun I use on my Ikea Billy units.
scgt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 06:35 AM   #12
scgt1
Frackin!

Well ran into a snag with the lighting. Would have been plenty bright for the spaces even though only 11" but I didn't even realize the extension cables have the same adapters on each end so there is no way to extend the length between lights. These gotta go back for the Litevers which are more expensive. SMH.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:39 AM   #13
scgt1
Frackin!

Shoot forgot to update about the lighting. Got the Litever units in and installed. I think my acrylic will be delivered today. Got 2 tracking numbers one is like 1lb the other is 33lb. I guess they shipped the glue and needles separate from the acrylic sheet. The glue shipment says it left the 33lb shipment says a label was generated. Both labels were generated at the same time. I'm hoping FedEx took both and only scanned one package.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200623_234650.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	343.7 KB
ID:	131335  
Old 07-15-2020, 07:56 PM   #14
NotGwen
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I use exterior LED light strips, attached to a length of wood via clear rubber clips.
The shelves are made from metal.
The wood frame i built myself. The glass came from IKEA Detolf units, which i no longer wanted to use, as they are dust magnets.
Wow, that looks great! I have been considering a Detolf since I'll be getting my first Hot Toys in down the road. Are you referring to dust on the outside of a Detolf, or can the inside still get pretty dusty as well?
NotGwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:57 PM   #15
NotGwen
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgt1 View Post
Shoot forgot to update about the lighting. Got the Litever units in and installed. I think my acrylic will be delivered today. Got 2 tracking numbers one is like 1lb the other is 33lb. I guess they shipped the glue and needles separate from the acrylic sheet. The glue shipment says it left the 33lb shipment says a label was generated. Both labels were generated at the same time. I'm hoping FedEx took both and only scanned one package.
The lighting looks good! I'm getting some good ideas in this thread. May be a month or two before I can actually start doing anything shelf-wise, but I'm excited. Nice PC as well, btw
NotGwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 11:48 AM   #16
Mister H
Green Goblin

I’m getting ready to build some custom shelves. I’ll be lighting my displays for the first time and was wondering if anyone had opinions on:

LED strips vs the tiny spotlights...and

Light placement (below, above or the sides)
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 06:25 PM   #17
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

How big are the shelves and how many pieces H?
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote