Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 04-05-2015, 09:57 AM   #21
TethMau74
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyAsHell View Post
Thanks for the input guys. The full feldged beard might not fit the rest of his body design. But we'll see. We are still looking at people's thoughts on this and things might change along the way.

Its going to be a 1/5 scale diorama V.S Mumm-ra.
That should look great! As I said before, the beard as is doesn't bother me; but you could do a workup with a clean shaven version just for us to see as a comparison. I think either would fit.

What type of base is being considered for the diorama? I would suggest something fitting the Egyptian architecture in the lair of Mumm-ra.
TethMau74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:31 AM   #22
HairyAsHell
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TethMau74 View Post
That should look great! As I said before, the beard as is doesn't bother me; but you could do a workup with a clean shaven version just for us to see as a comparison. I think either would fit.

What type of base is being considered for the diorama? I would suggest something fitting the Egyptian architecture in the lair of Mumm-ra.
We got a lot of mixed reactions from this design. We are actually now considering giving the classic version as a display option.

Yes, the fight is gonna take place in Mumm-Ra's lair
HairyAsHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:50 PM   #23
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
We got a lot of mixed reactions from this design. We are actually now considering giving the classic version as a display option.

Yes, the fight is gonna take place in Mumm-Ra's lair
Like the Mumm-ra's lair idea, should look really cool. I actually really liked the picture you posted of Lion-O, but you can't go wrong with the classic version either.
When you say your considering giving the classic version a display option, does that mean you'll be releasing 2 different Lion-O's?
RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 04:55 PM   #24
TethMau74
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
I say stick with your initial idea of a modernized outfit. I prefer the longer tights look versus the classic tank top / underwear outfit:

The 2011 version was an updated look.

The direction being taken looks like you have gleaned from both.

I love the shoulder guard with the logo. Perhaps it should be placed on the other shoulder? The glove would already be used on the current arm for protection, so switching the shoulder guard would make more sense and balance out the look.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:59 PM   #25
HairyAsHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TethMau74 View Post

I love the shoulder guard with the logo. Perhaps it should be placed on the other shoulder? The glove would already be used on the current arm for protection, so switching the shoulder guard would make more sense and balance out the look.
Thanks for appreciating our design. Actually we purposely made his left arm the shielding arm. His right hand needed to be more light for swinging the sword
Old 04-06-2015, 12:01 AM   #26
RadicalThrasher

Quote:
Thanks for appreciating our design. Actually we purposely made his left arm the shielding arm. His right hand needed to be more light for swinging the sword
Makes sense to me.
I'm sure whatever you guys end up doing will be fine. But I will say I liked your original concept, it was something different, but still recognizably Thundercats.
How long before we can expect to see a finished product? In other words, when can we expect this to go up for pre-order?
Old 04-06-2015, 12:11 AM   #27
HairyAsHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
Makes sense to me.
I'm sure whatever you guys end up doing will be fine. But I will say I liked your original concept, it was something different, but still recognizably Thundercats.
How long before we can expect to see a finished product? In other words, when can we expect this to go up for pre-order?
Maybe sometime in July. But still TBD.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:16 AM   #28
TethMau74

Quote:
That makes sense. It's good to know that those details were kept in mind. I still like the design you originally showed.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:27 PM   #29
RadicalThrasher

Quote:
Maybe sometime in July. But still TBD.
Thanks again Hairy!
Old 04-08-2015, 02:55 PM   #30
TethMau74

I just saw the video diary for evil Ryu, great job on that. Didn't know about them. I think it's good to see the behind the scenes process involved with production. Will you do a diary series for the Thundercats as well?