Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-18-2018, 10:46 AM   #291
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Brie Larson kind of sounds like unintisuastic with her delivery, right ? so it's not just me... But we will see the end result.
I'm not sure if she is meant to be emotionally detached due to the memory issues touched on. One scene looks like she was imprisoned and maybe messed her mind up? All speculation, but maybe she is more dull to start, and then remembers and has more life and presence by the end?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:16 AM   #292
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I wouldn't judge much on the few lines she had. Sam Jackson spoke most of the trailer, and it's hard to not always be impressed by his voice/delivery.

At least the explained why she is ALWAYS clenching her fists. That was bugging the F outta me in all the still photos, but it appears to be something she has done since childhood.

I can't wait to see Captain Marvel AND Mary Poppins. Disney has a forever hold on my childlike, geek heart
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:40 PM   #293
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

DC could learn SO MUCH from Marvel, even if its just watching their films. #getacluedc
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:50 PM   #294
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
DC could learn SO MUCH from Marvel, even if its just watching their films. #getacluedc
For me I'm more excited about Aquaman and Shazam than I am this, but I'll likely see them all. I think next few years are critical to see if DC can change course to connect with audiences.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:00 PM   #295
SONICobra
Batman

im definitely in, her mask looks really sweet i hope she wears it for more than 30 seconds
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:01 PM   #296
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
For me I'm more excited about Aquaman and Shazam than I am this, but I'll likely see them all. I think next few years are critical to see if DC can change course to connect with audiences.
I wanna add that I agree with you about DC's animation team. My favorite Batman movie ever is Batman: Bad Blood, and the whole trilogy (Son of Batman, Batman vs Robin, Bad Blood) is pretty good. Under the Red Hood was fantastic, too. I even enjoyed Death of Superman, even though I'm not a big fan of super-powered characters.

So yeah, the DCEU people don't have to emulate Marvel; they just have to hire the animation people to work on their live-action stuff.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:51 PM   #297
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I wanna add that I agree with you about DC's animation team. My favorite Batman movie ever is Batman: Bad Blood, and the whole trilogy (Son of Batman, Batman vs Robin, Bad Blood) is pretty good. Under the Red Hood was fantastic, too...
All good, but I've got to give a nod to the classic "Batman: Mask of the Phantasm" as the possible crème de la crème.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:23 PM   #298
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'm not sure if she is meant to be emotionally detached due to the memory issues touched on. One scene looks like she was imprisoned and maybe messed her mind up? All speculation, but maybe she is more dull to start, and then remembers and has more life and presence by the end?
This is how I took her character from the trailer.

I'm so down for this movie. Let's goooooooo!!!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:26 PM   #299
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

She is young and therefore sounds young. No more no less. The trailer was excellent! March cannot come any sooner.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:31 PM   #300
ukshaun
Hercules

Not much to see in the trailer. I will watch the movie for sure
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote