Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-24-2018, 10:35 PM   #431
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebron View Post
Is the company at fault if you display a statue at such a angle that it makes it look bad? Or if you put in a dark area and that causes the colors to become muted? Eyelevel or below the statue is gorgeous, the problem isn’t the statue but how the customer displayed it IMO.
Your blaming the customer and not the company, that's just a stupid argument.

A statue should look go no matter which shelf height you put it at... If it's not meant for a high shelf then Tweeterhead should of put a BIG warning on it's advertisement not to display on high shelf.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:39 PM   #432
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Your blaming the customer and not the company, that's just a stupid argument.

A statue should look go no matter which shelf height you put it at... If it's not meant for a high shelf then Tweeterhead should of put a BIG warning on it's advertisement not to display on high shelf.
I’m not blaming the customer. I’m saying take some responsibility and put some thought into how you display a statue.

People don’t like it fine return it, but don’t grab the torches and form a mob because it doesn’t work in the exact way you want to display it.
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:41 PM   #433
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Even a 2d print you have to take angles, lighting, and display options into consideration. Sure you can just throw it in a frame and hang it on a random wall, but would you get mad at the artist if the art suddenly looked bad from glare or appeared to dark? What if the colors looked bad cause they didn’t match you walls?

We are talking about the statue having a seam when displayed higher then eye level. Everyone agrees it looks great at eye level and below, seems like a no brained to me, display it at eye level or below. Still looks great.
Well, genius:

1) "eye level" is different for people depending on how tall they are

2) pdenham wants to display it at around 4', but he's going to be able to see the seam when he's seated

3) your attitude is probably causing more people to sour on the statue than anything else being written in this thread.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:51 PM   #434
Kebron

Yes eye level does depend on the viewer, which is why you setup a display to your liking, taking how you will view a statue into account. He’s going to view it sitting down, maybe move it to that eye level, why put it in such a angle where your not going to be looking at it in a way you will like? I’m sorry but IMO if you don’t like a angle because it shows a seam or some other fault you handle it by changing how it’s display, not take to the internet holding the company at fault and calling their intelligence into question.

I doubt my attitude has any effect on whether someone buys a statue or not. I’m just some random guy in the internet.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:56 PM   #435
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Yes eye level does depend on the viewer, which is why you setup a display to your liking, taking how you will view a statue into account. He’s going to view it sitting down, maybe move it to that eye level, why put it in such a angle where your not going to be looking at it in a way you will like? I’m sorry but IMO if you don’t like a angle because it shows a seam or some other fault you handle it by changing how it’s display, not take to the internet holding the company at fault and calling their intelligence into question.

I doubt my attitude has any effect on whether someone buys a statue or not. I’m just some random guy in the internet.
So pdenham should move the statue each time his viewing angle changes?
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:05 PM   #436
Kebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
So pdenham should move the statue each time his viewing angle changes?
You are overcomplicating the suggestion. He has it at 4 foot now, but when he views the statue he’s sitting which puts it above his eye level. If that’s how he’s going to view it he should put it at his eye level while sitting that way it is always at or below his eye level so the seam that bothers him so won’t be seen. Or he can choose to return it, but calling TH boneheaded isn’t the way to go about fixing his situation.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:29 PM   #437
pdenham
Teen Titans

I can't help but laugh at the irony with this thing.

It has what is likely to end up being the most display options of any of any character in this whole line, and yet at the same time, any display is fundamentally limited due to a basic, poor design choice.

I wonder if the process was too far along after the choice of the neck seam was made, that all the other stuff was then thrown in as a hoped for panacea for the inevitable complaints, rather than going "back to formula" with it?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:35 PM   #438
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I ended up getting my comeuppance sooner than I expected, as I was just arguing (gently I thought) in another thread that owners should be willing to invest time and effort into proper placement and lighting so as to mitigate issues with a given piece

Ironically, the subject there was another WW statue, no less.
There's no question that lighting and placement to flatter and maximize a statue's best aspects are super important, and it's nice to see people who care about such critical things! That's a great conversation to have , right there with ya! But that's very different than designing it in a way that prohibits you from displaying it from certain angles. I don't remember tweeterhead ever saying "this statue is designed to be positioned below eye level." Maybe there's a weirdo who wants Wonder Woman up high for a crotch shot? Too bad for him lol. My point is the manufacturer took away that choice, but the choice of display position should have been mine, without a seam that makes some angles objectively, catastrophically bad, rather than just subjectively poor or aesthetically undesirable. Bottom line is, there are now limitations on how I can choose to display this piece, because of design or manufacturing choices (or errors).

All that said, this is not a deal-breaker for me, but it is very disappointing.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:42 PM   #439
Augen
The Hulk

It is perfectly possible for people to have different tastes or values. I can say this is a great looking statue and others can be put off by it, happens all the time on here. No one is obligated to buy a statue and everyone has a right to voice their opinion.

I feel sorry if the seam issue is a deal breaker and ruined enthusiasm for some, that would be a real bummer. I think the key in discourse is to not take praise or criticism of a statue and transfer it to character judgment of the collector.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:44 PM   #440
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
It is perfectly possible for people to have different tastes or values. I can say this is a great looking statue and others can be put off by it, happens all the time on here. No one is obligated to buy a statue and everyone has a right to voice their opinion. I think the key in discourse is to not take praise or criticism of a statue and transfer it to character judgment of the collector.
100%
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote