Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 01-15-2020, 03:16 PM   #171
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I wouldn’t think Alita would have a tenth the demand Wonder Woman has. Time will tell if the edition size was right.
In the west I agree, in the east could be closer.

I'm glad both characters have excellent busts coming.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:08 PM   #172
vKevinnn
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I’m paranoid because I had an Alita sword pre ordered and paid through fox movies shop the metal version and I waited a year and contacted on the delivery estimate and they told me they didn’t have any more stock. So I’m paranoid with all these distributors and a set amount made count if a preorder through specification for example guarantees an order.
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:18 PM   #173
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by vKevinnn View Post
I’m paranoid because I had an Alita sword pre ordered and paid through fox movies shop the metal version and I waited a year and contacted on the delivery estimate and they told me they didn’t have any more stock. So I’m paranoid with all these distributors and a set amount made count if a preorder through specification for example guarantees an order.
I cannot speak for everyone, but I have never heard of SpecFiction or Secret Compass ever selling product they don't have. They both seem legitimate and have many positive reviews.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:27 PM   #174
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Trying to decide if I really need the EX.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:02 PM   #175
superdude
The X-Men

For those of us in the US, I just noticed that BBTS is carrying this as well. Only a $600 deposit, but no payment plan which would unfortunately rule them out for me.
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:04 PM   #176
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude View Post
For those of us in the US, I just noticed that BBTS is carrying this as well. Only a $600 deposit, but no payment plan which would unfortunately rule them out for me.
And priced $239 higher.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:48 PM   #177
superdude
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Same here.

And I would also likely be more interested in a 1/2 scale full figure with a nice pose and any regret in tying up those funds for this would sour the whole experience- despite how beautiful this appears in and of itself.

OTOH, as was the case with contemplating the WW purchase, a bust is something so outside of what I normally collect or gravitate to, that uniqueness might make it that much more special once it's in hand.
As cool as a full statue would be, I think I'd still prefer something like this, where the focus is all on the face and the emotion coming through it, as to me that was the most captivating and memorable part of the movie anyway. And the intense expression already tells you everything you need to know about the character, and is better than any action pose.

Dammit, I think I just talked myself into getting this. Lol
Old 01-15-2020, 05:50 PM   #178
superdude
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
And priced $239 higher.
Well I assume that's to cover their "$4 shipping". Or whatever other fees or taxes they have to deal with.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:50 PM   #179
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude View Post
As cool as a full statue would be, I think I'd still prefer something like this, where the focus is all on the face and the emotion coming through it, as to me that was the most captivating and memorable part of the movie anyway. And the intense expression already tells you everything you need to know about the character, and is better than any action pose.

Dammit, I think I just talked myself into getting this. Lol
On the other hand, pics have started to appear on FB and here on the boards of the P1 1/4 scale Alita DX, and the production piece looks really good.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:56 PM   #180
SayoSaHa
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I cannot speak for everyone, but I have never heard of SpecFiction or Secret Compass ever selling product they don't have. They both seem legitimate and have many positive reviews.
Agreed. At least for SpecFiction, I can confirm I've received all of my orders thus far, which amounts to 4 XM pieces and 5 HMO pieces, including the Ultimate Morrigan set and I have several more on preorder. The owner was also very accommodating when my HMO Medusa bust arrived damaged.

I haven't personally ordered from Secret Compass, but they've been around a while, so I'm sure they're legit too.
SayoSaHa is offline   Reply With Quote