Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-02-2017, 05:04 PM   #531
Comicbookguy
Hercules

The white furry venom will
Have a hard time selling out at that price if the reg one can't even sell out yet.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:30 PM   #532
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Samewise. Have seen it happen with several pieces from P1 now. Someone also said they're a company that is little interesting for flippers (unlike XM), no idea why though.
They are too big (1/3)....too expensive (crappy movie TF ones)...and if I am not mistaken...I don't know of any Prime 1 statue that commands significantly more in the aftermarket of say an XM Magneto or Ghost Rider or Captain America. Plus too many alt versions doesn't help resellers either. Plus some are still available to get easily on SS. Not to mention they have a higher ES than XM...usually. I can see a rarer statue like the Bloodborne get good money in the aftermarket because Prime 1 is the only company to make it and they have small ES.

Just wanted to clarify...I'm not saying the Prime 1 statues of the movie TF aren't amazing and done excellently....I'm just saying the movie designs royally suck....IMO!!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:58 AM   #533
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
They are too big (1/3)....too expensive (crappy movie TF ones)...and if I am not mistaken...I don't know of any Prime 1 statue that commands significantly more in the aftermarket of say an XM Magneto or Ghost Rider or Captain America. Plus too many alt versions doesn't help resellers either. Plus some are still available to get easily on SS. Not to mention they have a higher ES than XM...usually. I can see a rarer statue like the Bloodborne get good money in the aftermarket because Prime 1 is the only company to make it and they have small ES.

Just wanted to clarify...I'm not saying the Prime 1 statues of the movie TF aren't amazing and done excellently....I'm just saying the movie designs royally suck....IMO!!
yep good post!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:27 AM   #534
ENDO
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafadcariad View Post
Personally I think the reason it hasn't sold out is more due to the seam issue rather than potential variants. After all, some people who are interested in PO'ing have already stated that they're currently refraining from ordering due to the seam strongly influencing how one can "seamlessly" display the piece.

P.S. I apologise for the wordplay, couldn't help myself.
I would have pre ordered if they announced the production version would not have the seam. I am starting to think they already decided that the seam is here to stay at this point.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:42 AM   #535
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

I'm surprised this venom has not sold out yet, at least the exclusive. I jumped on the pre order, it looks phenomenal! Once this sells out, I think people will regret it. The level of detail on this piece is superb. Knowing the quality that prime 1 brings to their statues, this should deliver. I'm a huge fan of what prime1 is doing with venom's colour and paint apps. It's not just a dark flat black colour with glossy veins. The paint schemes actually has depth and details. There are subtle vein details in his skin in addition to the blueish tones in the skin highlights which give the statue a life like feel to it. The symbiote is alive.

With all their other lines from Arkham and TF, this shouldn't be any less in terms of quality. You can expect that from P1. It will look great next to spider man 2099 who is also covered in awesome details.

Hoping that P1 offers an option to leave out the tendrils with teeth and have pieces to cover up the gaps if they do.

Looking forward to this!
SuperDinoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:44 AM   #536
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDO View Post
I would have pre ordered if they announced the production version would not have the seam. I am starting to think they already decided that the seam is here to stay at this point.
They said they are working on the seam so no one knows how it will be
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:50 AM   #537
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
Went back to check on this. Surprised the ex hasn't sold out yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Samewise. Have seen it happen with several pieces from P1 now. Someone also said they're a company that is little interesting for flippers (unlike XM), no idea why though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafadcariad View Post
Personally I think the reason it hasn't sold out is more due to the seam issue rather than potential variants. After all, some people who are interested in PO'ing have already stated that they're currently refraining from ordering due to the seam strongly influencing how one can "seamlessly" display the piece.

P.S. I apologise for the wordplay, couldn't help myself.
The seam is an issue but I think combined with the price and the number of Venom statues (legit and non-legit) for sale is a factor for no sell out.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:53 PM   #538
Vince_be

any news about the seam ? has it been already solved by Prime 1 ??
They said they were doing test one month ago so what are the results ?
Old 04-18-2017, 08:13 PM   #539
Sandman585
Hydra

The seam is a deal breaker for me. If they address that then I am on this statue.
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:29 PM   #540
Vince_be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman585 View Post
The seam is a deal breaker for me. If they address that then I am on this statue.
It is not a deal breaker for me but this is for sure the reason why it's not already sold out. At least for the EX.

I've it on PO and i think this is an awesome representation of the Dark Origin Venom but i'm worried about this seam and i think Prime 1 should update us quickly !