Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 04-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

As a Yankee fan I need to vent...

Some of you will probably think that we are spoiled as fans because we have so many championships.. you are probably right. But I am sick and tired of this team. The same thing every year.. runners left on base with 0 out and not being able to move runners over. Home run or nothing. Granted I know what it takes for a team to win a championship because I was lucky enough to be able to watch the 1990's Yankee dynasty. Yes I know that that isn't realistic a team to have now but that time had so much balls and heart. This team has no balls and chokes every playoffs. It's frustrating watching a team you know that when they're up by 5 will hit another 2 to 3 homeruns because there is no pressure or when they are down by 10. It's just frustrating. I know pitching is the number #1 focus in baseball and I agree but this team is different. If there was a "clutch" statistic for the Yankees, we would be .121. It's just become so tiresome and even worse I know the Yankee's will probably make the playoffs and get knocked out in the first round because they don't show up and Nick Swisher will single handedly leave 25 guys on base. Now while I hate the Boston Red Sox as much as the next Yankee fan they show heart and can get the runners over. Please let me know your insight and I know I sound ungrateful but when our team is one the best in any sport and has as many championships as the Yankees do I feel a fan becomes accustomed to it.
SNIKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
ftrain1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Red Sox = 0 heart. Last year was one of the most embarrassing seasons for any team in any sport. They've been favored to win let alone make the World Series due to their roster but haven't even been able to make the playoffs the last couple of years. Piling all of the blame on Francona was also pretty crappy. They're also starting out this season in the same underachieving fashion as last year, coming in last in the division.
ftrain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Try being a Cubs fan.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #4
Alex655321

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
Try being a Cubs fan.
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #5
AxeLord
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Could be worse, could be a lot worse. Could be watching KC Royals or the Pitts. Pirates.
AxeLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #6
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:49 AM   #7
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeLord View Post
Could be worse, could be a lot worse. Could be watching KC Royals or the Pitts. Pirates.
... I love Seattle franchises; 'nuff said.

They put on a good show, at least.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #8
lord odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex655321 View Post
Damn goat
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:01 AM   #9
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftrain1 View Post
Red Sox = 0 heart. Last year was one of the most embarrassing seasons for any team in any sport. They've been favored to win let alone make the World Series due to their roster but haven't even been able to make the playoffs the last couple of years. Piling all of the blame on Francona was also pretty crappy. They're also starting out this season in the same underachieving fashion as last year, coming in last in the division.
I hear you but I wouldn't but the stupid acts of the 4 pitchers on the whole team. That was just obsurd if management did know what they were doing and let it happen. I feel their weakness is their bullpen but it's so early so I guess we'll see what happens
Old 04-15-2012, 07:02 AM   #10
SNIKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeLord View Post
yea that's true