Old 05-12-2017, 12:29 PM   #11
qz33
Baron Zemo

https://myfigurecollection.net/blog/3345

http://radiantdreamer.net/difference...lystone-oh-my/
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:42 PM   #12
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

My Chun Li started leaning. The problem was the base. I made the hole for the peg a little deeper and then forced the peg in seems to be holding up for now. Dhalim's base / flames also stared leaning back and had to use the hairdryer trick. As for my Vega and Cammy they aren't leaning that I can tell but it sucks that this is happening to these statues.
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:48 PM   #13
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Nah often times they lean under their won weight or due to the polystone being mixed or cured incorrectly.
Physics over time can be tricky.
Exactly, the stone powder/sand mixture should be higher for a more brittle but tougher statue, and less for a more pliable. I'm imagining it might also have to do with the grade of resin that's mixed in. Some resins are stronger than others.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:20 PM   #14
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox117 View Post
My Chun Li started leaning. The problem was the base. I made the hole for the peg a little deeper and then forced the peg in seems to be holding up for now. Dhalim's base / flames also stared leaning back and had to use the hairdryer trick. As for my Vega and Cammy they aren't leaning that I can tell but it sucks that this is happening to these statues.
I gotta Google this. Thanks.
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:08 PM   #15
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox117 View Post
Noticed this on mine also. She does not lean due to a bend in the leg or anything, but the peg is allowed to wobble a bit. So I just need to find the time to dig at it and figure out how/which way to fill some of the hole better.

Right now I have a folder piece of paper under her foot on the side she leans to, thus make counteracting the lean for the time being.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:36 PM   #16
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Exactly, the stone powder/sand mixture should be higher for a more brittle but tougher statue, and less for a more pliable. I'm imagining it might also have to do with the grade of resin that's mixed in. Some resins are stronger than others.
anything any of these companies use for polystone is ---- quality resin anyways ;p didn't cure properly most likely
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:49 PM   #17
Choopie
Birdman

My MK 9 Scorpion statue started leaning after having it for about 8 months. I had bought it from Sideshow and was surprisingly able to return it for a full refund. That was several years ago.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:45 PM   #18
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Best way to solve any leaning issue from the factory is just to cast the item up in a long metal rod.

Most of the times these pegged feet only have a rod to about the ankle and thats more or less the weakest point on a statue thats top heavy.

But this is across all companies i have seen this. If you want to know if the statue has a peg higher then the ankle just get a strong magnet and see if peg is steal, if it is just run the magnet up the let to see where it doesn't stick anymore. Just make sure you don't scratch the item.

But then again some factories can use thin cheap metal that bends as well.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:39 PM   #19
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

The pegs are fine. It seems like the hollow base where the foot peg sits is where the flaw is......from what i'd noticed both of PCS statues. Maybe base mixture too soft.
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 02:12 AM   #20
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Best way to solve any leaning issue from the factory is just to cast the item up in a long metal rod.

Most of the times these pegged feet only have a rod to about the ankle and thats more or less the weakest point on a statue thats top heavy.

But this is across all companies i have seen this. If you want to know if the statue has a peg higher then the ankle just get a strong magnet and see if peg is steal, if it is just run the magnet up the let to see where it doesn't stick anymore. Just make sure you don't scratch the item.

But then again some factories can use thin cheap metal that bends as well.
Love your insights like this that are only available from someone with your experience. Thanks for posting.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote