Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > The Shifletts

Old 07-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
shiflettbrothers
Sculptor
Sculptor

ComiC-Con!!

Well we did the damn thing. This was our 19th year at ComiC-Con and it was a blast. We had a corner spot looking onto the main aisle so that was awesome and our 4th Annual Shiflett Bros Panel was fun and the biggest yet with over 200 people. We really appreciatte all the sculptors who came, thanks y'all.
We were also happy to sit on Greg Spalenka's 'Artist As A Brand/Rise of the Entrepeneur Artist' with Dave Mckean , and that was a trip.

Sir Richard Taylor came by the booth twice! The first time our good friend and great sculptor Mattlev was watching the booth and sold him our DVD! Thanks Matt! When he came back luckily I was there.He came into the booth and told me that Peter Jackson has our Ol' Scratch Bronze right in front of his writing desk, and he did his hands out like here's his writing desk , and here's your piece. Which was very exciting to hear firsthand as I know that Richard himself has the Ol' Scatch bronze out in his office as well.

Andy Serkis dropped by again this year, last year he got the Bronze Deal With The Devil and gave it to Peter Jackson for his birthday. He relayed the story to Brandon and that was very satisfying I can certainly tell you, even as I was watched from afar.

Steve Parke catching me mid-lie.

Line for our panel, you can see Mark Newman! I'm not going to namedrop all the sculptors who came to the panel, I must however mention Joe 'BlackIrish' Menna who virtually stopped the panel and made the most gracious and valiant speech about our little forum , it meant the world to us and I won't forget it.

Come at me -----es!!

This is a picture from the Spectrum show but the set up was almost the same.

Jarrod
shiflettbrothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:23 AM   #2
Ridimous
Spider-Ham

Yep. I always stop by your guy's booth and spend about an hour just looking at all of your creations.
Ridimous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:24 AM   #3
Ridimous
Spider-Ham

I love the piece with the guy in the mechanical suit. So creative and imaginative. Well done.
Ridimous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:31 AM   #4
abarron
Batman

That is so cool

Congrats
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:06 AM   #5
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Wish I heard Joe's speech. He is one helluva guy.

Oh, and my Shiflett Brothers meet and greet netted me...

wktf is offline   Reply With Quote