Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-06-2014, 04:24 AM   #21
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Then how about making the helmet out of PVC?
Your goal being to levitate the helmet? Sorry, it won't work.

The key point with this technology is that whatever you want to levitate, has to be sitting on or have a magnet embedded in it, and then this object is able to float about one inch above the large electronic base.

This technology would have to shrink small enough to fit into Magneto's hand in order to achieve what you propose.

The electronic base is what constantly keeps the object centered, otherwise it would just "repel away".

I have thought about another possibility though...it may be possible to eliminate the electronic base completely, and go with a different type of setup.

If Magneto's hand is large enough, a magnet could be embedded in it. Then another magnet could be glued inside Cerebro so that the same magnetic poles are facing each other, causing them to repel. I mention only Cerebro and not Magneto's helmet, because Cerebro could have wires dangling from it. The end of one of these wires could be glued or otherwise fastened to the hand, thereby keeping the helmet "tethered" to the hand as it wants to repel.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:56 PM   #22
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Your goal being to levitate the helmet? Sorry, it won't work.

The key point with this technology is that whatever you want to levitate, has to be sitting on or have a magnet embedded in it, and then this object is able to float about one inch above the large electronic base.

This technology would have to shrink small enough to fit into Magneto's hand in order to achieve what you propose.

The electronic base is what constantly keeps the object centered, otherwise it would just "repel away".

I have thought about another possibility though...it may be possible to eliminate the electronic base completely, and go with a different type of setup.

If Magneto's hand is large enough, a magnet could be embedded in it. Then another magnet could be glued inside Cerebro so that the same magnetic poles are facing each other, causing them to repel. I mention only Cerebro and not Magneto's helmet, because Cerebro could have wires dangling from it. The end of one of these wires could be glued or otherwise fastened to the hand, thereby keeping the helmet "tethered" to the hand as it wants to repel.
I like your idea and i have thought about it too but have you ever tried that with two magnets with opposite poles? It just falls alt east i have never got my magnets of opposite polarity just float in essence and if you did that that would be amazing but right where were at with the technology it would be very unrealistic to apply something like this especially this far into the game would also be unrealistic!! I would of loved something like this but it doenst matter what XM has made for us…is already a grail among grails and that much i know is true and can't wait for this gem!!

Sarah Joe
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote