Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 05-15-2017, 04:46 AM   #1
ukshaun
Hercules

Hot Toys - 1/6 Alien Covenant

Hot Toys - 1/6 Alien Covenant

THE PATH TO PARADISE BEGINS IN HELL
"The path to paradise begins in hell."

Once you've experienced the terror of Xenomorph in Alien: Covenant, get ready for Hot Toys'
highly detailed 1/6 scale collectible figure from this new film very soon!
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:09 PM   #2
Conehead
Luke Cage

Interested ...
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:35 AM   #3
Cromulon
Justice League

so i just found this thread, does Hot Toys seriously just get the license to these films and then never make anything? Come on now, we all want David 8, Walter, Shaw, Weyland, Engineer?
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:10 PM   #4
demonhunter
Kingpin

From what has happened, I can tell this is what happened before:

1. Hot Toys gets license. For example, Green Lantern movie. Howard Chan, CEO and founder of Hot Toys confirmed his engineering team even figured out how to make the suit glow look realistic on the figure. Later announced the GL figure was cancelled as other more important and "profitable" properties were on the horizon, HT had to focus on those instead. Bye bye Ryan Reynolds GL figure.

2. Hot Toys got the Michale Jackson Smooth Criminal license. Announced everywhere and teased as coming soon on Sideshow Collectibles. No progress in development shown or shared. Years passed. License expired. End of story.

3.Batman 1969 Batmobile. License acquired. Prototype shown. Years passed. No news. Good as dead.

4. Batman V Superman Batmobile. Prototype built. Detailed trailer of Batmobile in action (light up, motorized movements of parts etc) released in 2015. Years passed. Good as dead.

5. Valerian prototypes shown in 2017 SDCC. Ever since then, they haven't been shown ever again or mentioned.

So, I won't hold my hopes up for things they announced but years have passed. Because they'd have shifted focus to something else that is more worth their time and resources (based on their judgement) of what's hot and trending.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:51 AM   #5
Cromulon
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
From what has happened, I can tell this is what happened before:

1. Hot Toys gets license. For example, Green Lantern movie. Howard Chan, CEO and founder of Hot Toys confirmed his engineering team even figured out how to make the suit glow look realistic on the figure. Later announced the GL figure was cancelled as other more important and "profitable" properties were on the horizon, HT had to focus on those instead. Bye bye Ryan Reynolds GL figure.

2. Hot Toys got the Michale Jackson Smooth Criminal license. Announced everywhere and teased as coming soon on Sideshow Collectibles. No progress in development shown or shared. Years passed. License expired. End of story.

3.Batman 1969 Batmobile. License acquired. Prototype shown. Years passed. No news. Good as dead.

4. Batman V Superman Batmobile. Prototype built. Detailed trailer of Batmobile in action (light up, motorized movements of parts etc) released in 2015. Years passed. Good as dead.

5. Valerian prototypes shown in 2017 SDCC. Ever since then, they haven't been shown ever again or mentioned.

So, I won't hold my hopes up for things they announced but years have passed. Because they'd have shifted focus to something else that is more worth their time and resources (based on their judgement) of what's hot and trending.
thanks for the awesome reply, well sheets, i hope the power loader ripley they showed at SDCC isn't cancelled cause we have not heard anything in almost 2 years lol
Old 03-20-2019, 04:46 AM   #6
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

The Valerian movie was a total bomb. You can’t blame Hot Toys for not going forward with those figures. Alien: Covenant was also not a success. Now the power loader Ripkey, people wanted that forever and I’m not sure how much likeness rights is holding that one up.

Vehicles are very expensive to produce and they sell much less of them than figures due to the expense. So they need to gauge the demand. Injection molded plastic requires expensive tooling compared to relatively cheap silicone molds used for resin statues. Hot Toys should consider crowd funding for vehicles like Hasbro did with the Jabba Sail Barge.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:53 AM   #7
ukshaun
Hercules

I liked Valerian. Both Hot Toys figures looked great.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:19 AM   #8
Cromulon
Justice League

I can see that, crowd funding would be a good way to go. But with Alien and Predator they always seem to not bring in that much cash, but then the years pass and they slowly build a strong fan base and now everyone wants them. Such as Noland from Predators, no one wanted him and then all the sudden throughout 2018, all the Nolands went out of stock lol

Another example is how so many people said Alien: Covenant sucked and now they love it. They said it was garbage and then they go buy the Neomorph bust and other products. So Hot Toys doesn't really lose money if they rake that in later, even years down the road.