Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-23-2019, 04:27 PM   #1181
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Superman arrived yesterday direct from P1 in China using their standard shipping option ---DHL Express-- 5 days after getting the email notification. Shipping costs were $395 to the Maryland\DC area for 2 huge boxes. No additional charges were accrued. Everything arrived safe and sound, zero damage to report, nice clean paint apps, everything is perfect. No problems spinning the base 360 degrees. It's a fantastic statue that is a statement piece in every way and between the sheer size and the striking primary colors it just dominates the room. Regarding the cape clips, I found on mine that the wires were too close to the clips & kept contributing to a loose fit, so I shoved the wires down the hem so the wires sit flush on the bottom of the cape. That put the wires about 1/2 to 3/4 inch away from the slots and now the cape clips sit in there more snug...the wires aren't constantly pulling them back up. I also found the wire in the bottom of the cape to be a PITA to try & get a good simple drape so I removed it. The problem is that the wire is very stiff (like coat hanger stiff) and it likes to spin & twist after you adjust it so it never stays in the right place....I got tired of fighting it so it went bye bye. Anyway I'm very happy with my purchase, here's a few pics from the man cave.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190522_191120.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	290.4 KB
ID:	123576   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190522_190924.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	315.0 KB
ID:	123577   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190522_191044.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	123578   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190522_190833.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	387.1 KB
ID:	123579   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190522_191139.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	379.2 KB
ID:	123580  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190522_191216.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	287.0 KB
ID:	123581  
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 05:17 PM   #1182
SONICobra
Batman

congrats and nice set up bro, love the spawn in the corner
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 05:51 PM   #1183
Biggunz
Loki

Looks Great! Room looks tight too.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 06:23 PM   #1184
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
congrats and nice set up bro, love the spawn in the corner
I've still got a few 12" Spawn figures on display in the mancave & a few more regular sized ones up in the office. Looking back, those were some pretty amazing figures for their time, and I'd love to see P1 get the 1/3 scale Spawn movie license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Looks Great! Room looks tight too.
Thanks BG! That's just one corner...need to get some updated pics posted soon.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:30 AM   #1185
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

That’s a brilliant idea! Can you tell me how you went about removing the wire without damaging the cape? I’d like to give it a try on mine. I’d appreciate it! Your cape looks exactly the way I want mine to look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnis View Post
Superman arrived yesterday direct from P1 in China using their standard shipping option ---DHL Express-- 5 days after getting the email notification. Shipping costs were $395 to the Maryland\DC area for 2 huge boxes. No additional charges were accrued. Everything arrived safe and sound, zero damage to report, nice clean paint apps, everything is perfect. No problems spinning the base 360 degrees. It's a fantastic statue that is a statement piece in every way and between the sheer size and the striking primary colors it just dominates the room. Regarding the cape clips, I found on mine that the wires were too close to the clips & kept contributing to a loose fit, so I shoved the wires down the hem so the wires sit flush on the bottom of the cape. That put the wires about 1/2 to 3/4 inch away from the slots and now the cape clips sit in there more snug...the wires aren't constantly pulling them back up. I also found the wire in the bottom of the cape to be a PITA to try & get a good simple drape so I removed it. The problem is that the wire is very stiff (like coat hanger stiff) and it likes to spin & twist after you adjust it so it never stays in the right place....I got tired of fighting it so it went bye bye. Anyway I'm very happy with my purchase, here's a few pics from the man cave.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:46 AM   #1186
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

I'm still waiting for my sculpted cape version WL to convert. It's been over a year now. Doesn't seem likely.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:09 PM   #1187
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
That’s a brilliant idea! Can you tell me how you went about removing the wire without damaging the cape? I’d like to give it a try on mine. I’d appreciate it! Your cape looks exactly the way I want mine to look.
I just made a small cut on the inside of the hem with a sharp pair of scissors right at the bottom corner and the wire slid right out.
Super easy and no harm, no foul to the cape. One thing to note: if you remove the bottom wire most of your dynamic posing is gone as the bottom wire supports the weight of the side wires when you try to do wacky cape stuff. However, with that being said, it's a great way to get a nice looking drape & truth be told, it's fairly simple to put the wire back in (just seal the hole with a small dab of super glue gel)...or replace it with a smaller gauge wire, like picture hanging wire, depending on your needs. The factory wire is thicker than a coat hanger.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:11 PM   #1188
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
I'm still waiting for my sculpted cape version WL to convert. It's been over a year now. Doesn't seem likely.
Mine converted not long after I waitlisted on prime 1.

For sideshow it never converted though so I just cancelled.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 04:17 PM   #1189
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

wrong thread...
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:14 PM   #1190
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Unless it's been delayed, we may start seeing some people get the sculpt cape version shortly.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote