Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-11-2019, 08:14 PM   #191
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
the golden week sale is on the international site too, is it not available there?
Not sure. I sent him this info just now.

Yeah, I wonder if this is done to prevent US residents from doing what I am attempting to do at the moment.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:35 PM   #192
never settle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Yea something is up for sure..

My new P1 Hush Supes they say they’ve exhausted all replacement parts so who knows..
never settle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:26 AM   #193
chavez553

Quote:
Originally Posted by never settle View Post
Yea something is up for sure..

My new P1 Hush Supes they say they’ve exhausted all replacement parts so who knows..
Yeah, my Japanese contact told me that the Asia pays more for Transformers products because it’s an import.

He picked a couple of Transformers busts for me. I should get them soon.

Will probably have him pick me up either Ironhide or Optimus AOE. Will have to pay 1800 each for them though. It’s okay, I can’t even find them for sale here in the states.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:21 AM   #194
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
Not sure. I sent him this info just now.

Yeah, I wonder if this is done to prevent US residents from doing what I am attempting to do at the moment.
sorry I was unclear, I was wondering why you don't just order it yourself from the international site and get it shipped straight to the us?
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 04:07 AM   #195
chavez553

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
sorry I was unclear, I was wondering why you don't just order it yourself from the international site and get it shipped straight to the us?
Because US customers cannot buy Transformers products from non licensed distributors. Prime1 has the license to distribute in Asia only. They have to go through Sideshow in order to get their products in US customers hands.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:24 PM   #196
Cmac
Mephisto

I was wondering if anybody calculated the cost of one of the Prime 1 shipments they received from Sideshow?

I would do it, but I haven't received anything since Sideshow cranked up their pricing. I'm curious if the charges are accurate since it is illegal to overcharge on shipping. I have a feeling Sideshow doesn't add insurance to the shipping, so it would be interesting to see what UPS or FedEx charges amount to from a recipient back to Sideshow.

Just a thought . . .
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:48 AM   #197
SONICobra
Batman

well im being charged $240 to ship hush batman, i contacted SS they gave me the usual "due to weight and size"
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 02:33 AM   #198
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
Because US customers cannot buy Transformers products from non licensed distributors. Prime1 has the license to distribute in Asia only. They have to go through Sideshow in order to get their products in US customers hands.
ah weird, didn't know that. they haven't put out anything tf in ages have they o_0?
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:26 PM   #199
SteveL.
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I'm curious if the charges are accurate since it is illegal to overcharge on shipping.
It's not illegal to add on a handling fee.Plus there is no way to know what rates a shipping carrier is actually charging them.The rates aren't the same for every company either.Many tack on a percentage of the shipping into the item price to reduce the actual "shipping cost" amount that you pay for separately.

Going to a shipping carrier site and entering dimensions and weight, trying to guesstimate cost, won't tell you what rates they are actually getting and won't give you any accurate information.
SteveL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:47 PM   #200
slynger
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
well im being charged $240 to ship hush batman, i contacted SS they gave me the usual "due to weight and size"
$240 is crazy!! My Hush Superman cost $80 to ship to Montana.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote