Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-14-2019, 11:08 PM   #11
craigcliff1
Zot

yes I read that in the article, it does state bust then it states figurine. so could be either would a bust go that low, I don't know.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:31 PM   #12
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I wish LladrĂ³ would make a statue of Keira Knightley as Amidala, so we could have a 'handmade handmaiden'.
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 10:01 PM   #13
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Holy crap on a stick! That price!

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/197767

UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 10:13 PM   #14
Augen
Metal Men

I'm happy with Sideshow offering.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 02:20 AM   #15
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
That price is ridiculous - especially given today's statue standards. Not saying this ain't "nice" - but that's it, it's just nice.

For that money, I want next level. Given that this is "handmade" - the paint apps seriously let it down, I mean, it's basic!

This is not great art, and it isn''t a sound investment.

Anyone going to jump on this?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 02:57 AM   #16
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Clearly Llardo has no idea what JND, Queen and Infinity are offering, far more accurate, detailed and impressive collectibles.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 04:15 AM   #17
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Clearly Llardo has no idea what JND, Queen and Infinity are offering, far more accurate, detailed and impressive collectibles.
Lladro are not competing with JND, Queen and Infinity, this is porcelain and their target are fine art collectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
That price is ridiculous - especially given today's statue standards. Not saying this ain't "nice" - but that's it, it's just nice.

For that money, I want next level. Given that this is "handmade" - the paint apps seriously let it down, I mean, it's basic!

This is not great art, and it isn''t a sound investment.
Maybe not a short-term investment, but their stuff only appreciates in time.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 05:33 AM   #18
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Lladro are not competing with JND, Queen and Infinity, this is porcelain and their target are fine art collectors.
Understood - but, I disagree. If a Fine Art Collector is considering products from the Star Wars license, they know what is out there, and they will know who are making those products.

I think you are vastly wrong, if you think that what Queen,JND, and Infinity are doing is NOT fine art. In my opinion, those products fall exactly within that sphere - they certainly are not disposable toys.

In the end, this piece - in terms of artistic merit and quality, competes with Sideshow - maybe Tweeterhead, but only a blind man, or someone trying very (VERY) hard, would dare to compare it to even Prime1 - not to mention Queen, JND, or Infinity.

Truth is, Asia has left Europe (and the US) far behind in terms of statue / figure design (and yes, production). Even Darkside Collectibles is unable to generate anything but a laughable comparison to what Asia is producing.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 06:10 AM   #19
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Understood - but, I disagree. If a Fine Art Collector is considering products from the Star Wars license, they know what is out there, and they will know who are making those products.

I think you are vastly wrong, if you think that what Queen,JND, and Infinity are doing is NOT fine art. In my opinion, those products fall exactly within that sphere - they certainly are not disposable toys.

In the end, this piece - in terms of artistic merit and quality, competes with Sideshow - maybe Tweeterhead, but only a blind man, or someone trying very (VERY) hard, would dare to compare it to even Prime1 - not to mention Queen, JND, or Infinity.

Truth is, Asia has left Europe (and the US) far behind in terms of statue / figure design (and yes, production). Even Darkside Collectibles is unable to generate anything but a laughable comparison to what Asia is producing.
I love how you say I'm vastly wrong -not merely wrong, but vastly wrong- and then proceed to state what's only your opinion, as you yourself say. : )

Look, the fact that you and me love what these new companies are doing and consider some of their output works of art doesn't make their stuff less of a pop culture product for the masses. Masses with money, that is. And again, that's not Lladro's target. Sure, they're now branching out to pop culture characters themselves, but this is not aimed at Star Wars fans per se, but fine art collectors -in the strict sense- who like the aesthetics of it and maybe happen to have an interest in that universe, too.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 07:29 AM   #20
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Clearly this company caters to those who like to set their money on fire.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote