Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 05-15-2019, 01:14 PM   #21
Tushar
Hellboy

Not gonna claim I'm a big She-hulk fan, but I liked her appearences in my comic-reading days, which was before 2012.

Now THAT's a gorgeous face.

Evidently, this statue is based on a more modern take on the character, which is unfortunate.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:42 PM   #22
MaxGoof
Nightwing

I hate this particular design for She-Hulk myself, but what choice did Koto really have? All of the other characters in the Avengers Premiere Series are in their modern designs--what sense would it have made to do a She-Hulk in that line that didn't match anyone else?

Personally, I wish they just skipped her and did a new classic Avengers ARTFX+ series again, but Koto only seems interested in doing plastic statues more expensive than Iron Studios' resin ones these days...
MaxGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:20 PM   #23
Augen
The Hulk

Looks like Ed McGuinness influence in her mass.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:47 PM   #24
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
...what choice did Koto really have? All of the other characters in the Avengers Premiere Series are in their modern designs...
That's a good point. Which brings me to my main gripe:

Who the H asked for a modern comic avenger lineup anyway? At this price point, too?

Even if they needed to bring in a $125-150 line; there are so many other franchises that could've used the hyper-detailed treatment. Heck, I maintain that classic Avengers or MCU Avengers would've been more welcome. Why not Justice League? Their previous (New 52) ArtFX+ was so bad you can still find them on discount. Why not Watchmen, which has never been done and has an upcoming show on HBO. Why not Fantastic frigging Four in all their strechy/flamy/rocky/invisible glory, now that the Disney/Fox deal is through and there are no licensing issues?

Koto used to be my go-to company for statues, and I just hate it when I see wasted opportunities like this.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:54 PM   #25
Tushar
Hellboy

On second thought, I'm glad they're doing a line I dn't want. Maybe the Premier series will fail after all and then I can someday get the aforementioned franchises in ArtFX+ for normal humane prices.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:54 PM   #26
Bea625
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Koto, are you watching this thread? The people here are some of your biggest supporters. Your cash cow. So far not a single person in this thread likes or plans on getting this line. We're telling you what you should create for fans: more X-Men 92, Star Wars and Marvel Artfx+, more Marvel and DC fine art statues, and more Bishoujos. (All at a fair price) 99% of people on SF are interested in at least one of these lines. Stick with what you do best!

My thoughts exactly. There are SO many characters and designs that they could use. They'll learn their lesson when this line is under $100 on Amazon and pre-orders are very limited on She-Hulk. Can not believe there is nothing yet on End Game and they do not realize the obvious. X-Men sells, Prequel Star Wars characters sell (Grievous re-release/Count Dooku/Anakin/Obi-Wan/MaceWindu, etc). a 1/10 scale Avengers line in their classic costumes would sell well. I understand that there are limitations (Disney), but they're putting out overpriced Bishoujos and 1/10 scale statues that a lot of people just are not asking for.
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:43 PM   #27
CapTrenchcoat
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea625 View Post
My thoughts exactly. There are SO many characters and designs that they could use. They'll learn their lesson when this line is under $100 on Amazon and pre-orders are very limited on She-Hulk. Can not believe there is nothing yet on End Game and they do not realize the obvious. X-Men sells, Prequel Star Wars characters sell (Grievous re-release/Count Dooku/Anakin/Obi-Wan/MaceWindu, etc). a 1/10 scale Avengers line in their classic costumes would sell well. I understand that there are limitations (Disney), but they're putting out overpriced Bishoujos and 1/10 scale statues that a lot of people just are not asking for.
Maybe they're not allowed to do Endgame? Might be a rights issue. Iron Studios is doing Endgame 1/10 statues. I had high hopes for this line. I really like the Captain America statue. But probably the only one I'm getting.
CapTrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:30 PM   #28
Mister H
Green Goblin

I'll be getting Cap and that's it.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:09 PM   #29
CBro
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'm a fan, personally

Might buy
CBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:08 PM   #30
moviemonster
Justice League

Thor, Cap, Iron Man and She Hulk are on one of the current Avengers team and the Immortal Hulk is on the other current team. He also has his own running title. I wonder if that means we’re getting all or certain characters from one or both teams?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	318C7114-B161-41D1-B321-0188B3D43D9B.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	123348   Click image for larger version

Name:	DE86F621-E23E-497A-993C-1AEB574330CB.jpeg
Views:	12
Size:	252.6 KB
ID:	123349   Click image for larger version

Name:	B82FEAB1-A3A9-47FE-952E-6BD6985C8263.jpg
Views:	8