Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-14-2020, 10:36 PM   #131
slynger
Hellboy

Great pics ‘blue02, thank you. I was hooked the instant I saw concept art for Prime in what seems so many years ago.

I initially told myself Prime and Megs would be perfect. But that was before I saw the teaser images for Soundwave. While I always like Starscream as a kid, it was the voice of Soundwave and all the cool “things” that popped out of him that drew me to him.

If I do get him, I’ll have to go back and get ‘Bee, because there is no one else that deserves to be next to Prime more than Bumblebee. Just want to see how he looks posed by himself, because that’s how I want to display mine.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:28 AM   #132
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post

There just arent enough TF fans in the US that are willing to give up space and money on these when they can buy the toys, customs and unlicensed pieces that transform. Yes this is a thing. I hear people on fan sites criticize the statues because they don't transform so you're paying for only half of what they are intended to be.

I think the majority of Transformers fans are like Masters of the Universe fans - they prefer the toys over statues. Not saying that's a bad thing; just a preference. While it does appear that the Transformers fans are more vocal about it, I've heard similar things from MOTU fans. Most just want a nice toy line, and it is because of the poor statue sales that companies end up stopping the lines. I think the most successful has been the Sideshow/Tweeterhead one (I'm basing that off edition sizes only).
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 02:03 PM   #133
chaggs1
Luke Cage

[QUOTE=eternalblue02;5898829]Hey gang! Going to set this up a little different. Got Megatron yesterday. Assembled him late last night. Came in 1 box with a clamshell placement sheet and plaque.

Pro's:
Easy assembly
Stunning paint app for only having 3 colors
Lots of ways to display him
Simple base = smaller footprint

Con's:
No instructions
Heads may be a turn off to some
Fusion cannon light should be purple or red
Missed opportunity with lightup in energon sword
Displaying energon flail can be a pain
XM needs better electricians

I love this statue. Pictures and video do not do it justice. From the pose to the paint, it says "I'm going to tear you apart and I don't give a damn."

He's easy to assemble, has less parts than Optimus and Starscream. The base is the smallest of the three so it's a much more accommodating footprint. Megatron himself is about the same size as Optimus if he wasn't hunched over. I don't know why XM includes a black envelope for one piece of paper but there were no instructions, no assembly video up on Youtube and Bmutha is doing his live reveal tonight. You can bring up a picture from XM or Spec Fiction and be just fine.

I keep going back to the paint. It's a cross between OP & SS. There are silver parts that pop and flat grays that help the silver shine. Some popping reds and some maroons on his wires and the flat weathered black ties it all together. They could have really screwed this up because of the simplicity of colors. I usually marvel at the details and machinework on my pieces but the paint has me hooked. The paint app on the energon sword is stunning but I feel a missed opportunity that could have had a decent light up. The energon flail has three lightup settings. Fast pulse, slow pulse and solid. Finding a good spot to put the flail is another story. I've seen it sit on the base at cons, mine doesn't want to stay put so unless you display it in front of him you're never going to see it. The fusion cannon lightup color bothers me as it should be purple or red not soft white. There's a hint of purple at certain angles just not enough to satisfy me. I'll fix that with some transparent purple plastic.

I've always liked the original head but the alt head is growing on me. The size difference isn't that bad and they both work. I feel the alt head looks good at certain angles and the original looks great at all angles. I do have an issue with my alt head. Same issue as my Optimus holo arm. When I turn the switch off it still keeps his eyes on dimly lit. I don't understand why the electrical is so hit or miss with these pieces and yet I'm asking for more light ups hee hee.

All in all a fantastic piece. Great continuation to the line and I'm happy they took some nods to the P1 Josh Nizzi tank tread cape Megatron that never materialized. I like the modernized G1/War for Cybertron interpretations more than straight up classic. PCS has that covered and I'd say this Megatron or theirs will fit the bill if you want to add one to your collection.

Where's the plaque located in the box?
chaggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:06 PM   #134
Cletus007
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post

How about you?
If i had the space and enough money i would buy them all! I've have a custom made cabinet for these heavy transformers and applied a background on all sides. i have only space in this display for 4 statues. Bumblebee will join Optimus when he arrives. I'm still not sure about Grimlock. He is so big and i fear the shipping on this one. If i choose to buy him i have to display him in my garage and that's a pity i think for such an eyecatcher. But in a far future i should have more space, that's why it's still in consideration.

Although my space is limited, Soundwave is high on my list and, as earlier mentioned, also Galvatron and Hot Rod. It would also be cool to have Blaster, as Soundwave's counterpart. You have a very huge list! It would be awesome to see them all in the future! You could very well be right with the idea of a Devastator dio. If they ever do a combiner, i would like to see Predaking. Something with Unicron would be epic, but how on earth would they do that?!

You are right about all the options there are for fans. Personally for me this transformer line is the best incarnation there is. It doesn't bother me they can't transform. As you said, the alt mode included satisfy me enough!

You didn't mention Nemesis Prime. you will pass that one?

I also have X-men on display in a cabinet. With the last two statues on pre-order, i'm finalizing that collection. After that my focus will solely be with this line, waiting for the ones i mentioned...
Cletus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:09 PM   #135
Cletus007
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaggs1 View Post

Where's the plaque located in the box?
I also looked for the plaque, but couldn't find it. I'm not going to make a big deal of it, but i pre ordered Megatron day 1, so i don't understand why this is absent!
Old 10-15-2020, 04:15 PM   #136
Cletus007
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post

I initially told myself Prime and Megs would be perfect. But that was before I saw the teaser images for Soundwave. While I always like Starscream as a kid, it was the voice of Soundwave and all the cool “things” that popped out of him that drew me to him.

If I do get him, I’ll have to go back and get ‘Bee, because there is no one else that deserves to be next to Prime more than Bumblebee. Just want to see how he looks posed by himself, because that’s how I want to display mine.
That's the way i started. Only planning to do Optimus and Megatron.....
Old 10-15-2020, 06:23 PM   #137
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyMidget View Post
Ultra Magnus would be awesome and more dinobots. But I'd never have the space to get them all.
I say I want all these made but realistically I've only got room for two more after Soundwave. I literally had to gut my Arkham collection to support this line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
Great pics ‘blue02, thank you.
Your welcome. If Bmutha doesn't do anymore videos I'll at least post pictures up to Soundwave here. If anyone is on the fence about getting Starscream get him, he's easily in the top 3 statue releases for the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I think the majority of Transformers fans are like Masters of the Universe fans - they prefer the toys over statues. Not saying that's a bad thing; just a preference. While it does appear that the Transformers fans are more vocal about it, I've heard similar things from MOTU fans. Most just want a nice toy line, and it is because of the poor statue sales that companies end up stopping the lines. I think the most successful has been the Sideshow/Tweeterhead one (I'm basing that off edition sizes only).
Couldn't have said it better myself. May as well add GI Joe, Thundercats, TMNT and Voltron to that list.

@chaggs & Cletus When I removed the color box from the brown shipper it popped off the bottom end of the color box and landed in the shipper. Look everywhere. The little square box the plaque came in was squished so it was in between the shipper and color during transit instead of the clamshell like the other two. With the change to plaques I think this is what's going to happen going forward, just tossed in as an afterthought.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 06:36 PM   #138
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus007 View Post
You didn't mention Nemesis Prime. you will pass that one?
Too much of a palette swap and never cared for him. I'd rather use my dwindling space for something worthwhile. That picture with the 3 of them, there's a treadmill to the right of me and I need to break it down and move it into the basement so I have the wall behind me for my Mega Man collection. I have a closet full of goodies I've been collecting since the 80's and none of it has been displayed...

I've also got to move P1 Shockwave into that room and now with Queen Studios doing busts I have to have their Megatron bust. It's a neverending cycle.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:51 AM   #139
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- Official Assembly Video XM Studios Megatron 1/10 Diorama -

"Megatron is the founder of the Decepticon uprising, and their most well-known and feared leader. The opposite of his mortal enemy Optimus Prime, he feels great contempt for other Transformers who, he feels, betray their proud heritage by demanding peace and cooperation with weaker life forms."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:58 PM   #140
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Anyone have any update on this piece shipping out at all? Still waiting...ordered from Spec Fiction.
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote