Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-28-2020, 05:19 PM   #361
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

The '89 Batman film was a massive worldwide event when it was released. The bat signal was everywhere, and it was a major big deal for comic book nerds (like myself) to not have to be ashamed of being a comic book nerd. I remember seeing it opening night, and it was insane.

As for Keaton being Batman, I think he surprised everyone with his performance. I thought he was an excellent Bruce Wayne, and a surprisingly good Batman. The suit and car did a lot of the work, but Keaton pulled off a performance that a lot of people didn't think he'd be able to do. I'd definitely be in for a good Keaton statue. Sideshow's PF was meh.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 05:35 PM   #362
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I also loved him. I don't know exactly what it is, but I thought he was wonderful. Still my favorite Batman.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 06:05 PM   #363
French Cancan
Deadman

Batman was my first encounter with ...Batman, where I discovered that no, he wasn’t bitten by a bat, and so no, he didn’t have super powers.
I falled in love with the Gotham universe. Well, maybe Kim Basinger and Michelle Pfeiffer gave me a little help for that...
Keaton/Burton was a win win.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 06:10 PM   #364
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
personally he was my introduction to batman as a character, the adam west reruns, BTAS and eventually comic books came after that. that 89 movie blew my world up but ive always preferred the returns suit (also have much love for the movie as well). also ive always liked keaton as an actor, i like the way he delivers his lines
Exactly this. I saw Batman 89, then Adam West, then BTAS, so Keaton sticks out. They were also well done and stand up, especially against the Schumacher ones and as a good counterpoint to the ultra-realistic Nolan ones.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 06:13 PM   #365
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
The '89 Batman film was a massive worldwide event when it was released. The bat signal was everywhere, and it was a major big deal for comic book nerds (like myself) to not have to be ashamed of being a comic book nerd. I remember seeing it opening night, and it was insane.
I can still taste the Batman cereal. Was it just Captain Crunch?
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 06:29 PM   #366
Darkest Knight
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I can still taste the Batman cereal. Was it just Captain Crunch?
Does anyone else still have the Batman bank that came with that cereal or is it just me?
Darkest Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:01 PM   #367
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Well all of that insight about Keaton is very cool. I do very much enjoy his Bruce Wayne and I’m ok with his Batman. He was my first introduction to Batman too - I was too young to see the first, but I saw Returns in the theatre with my parents. LOVED Catwoman from the get-go. Then BTAS. For me, that is the best Batman Which is why I prefer the actors who bring a grittiness to the voice. So far, Bale is my favorite (sounds cliche), but I’m very curious to see Pattenson.

Nobody will ever beat Michelle as Catwoman. Nope nope. Best not to even try.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:13 PM   #368
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Well all of that insight about Keaton is very cool. I do very much enjoy his Bruce Wayne and I’m ok with his Batman. He was my first introduction to Batman too - I was too young to see the first, but I saw Returns in the theatre with my parents. LOVED Catwoman from the get-go. Then BTAS. For me, that is the best Batman Which is why I prefer the actors who bring a grittiness to the voice. So far, Bale is my favorite (sounds cliche), but I’m very curious to see Pattenson.

I think you might be right on that one.

As for Batman, Keaton's my #1...type to hit a guy with glasses.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:41 PM   #369
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:

I'll drink to that.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 10:30 PM   #370
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:

I heard the same sentiment expressed a lot about Jack Nicholson, circa 2006-07.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote