Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-26-2020, 05:27 PM   #831
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Wasn’t there a page on the website dedicated to “back from the dead” collectibles last year? Is there something like that again? Or do you need to follow Sideshow’s social media?
I have no idea. I don't think so. This year they just tell you through Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:14 PM   #832
DarkKnight85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

they should have posted it in the email newsletter. I check those all the time and that Hunter wasn't in there. It's too bad, it would have really solved some of my issues with trying to get these bloodborne ones.
DarkKnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:28 AM   #833
DarkKnight85

I think I need a little advice here. So I did talk to Sideshow about the broken Eileen, and unfortunately as expected, they can't replace the part because they don't have the stock. I can either get the full refund or get $120 credit. the good news, is that other than that right wing, which was a pretty big break, and a few broken feathers on that same part, the rest of the statue appears to be in pristine shape.

When I first saw the break, I was determined to just send it back, but now that I've set it up and have had it sitting there, I'm starting to get attached to it and am starting to wonder if I should just glue all the damaged parts and keep the thing. I'll be honest though, I don't know if I'm thinking rationally at this point, and just wanted to hear some people's thoughts if they were in the same boat and what they would do should the choice were reversed. I mean, with tax and shipping from Sideshow it was a total price of $930. (I did use $200 points, but I will get those back anyways) Buying from Prime 1 directly is still a possibility, but I would have to spend about $1050 - $1100 to probably get it, as that's what The Hunter was for me to get on the waitlist. I do worry about this piece, being mailed from Prime 1 though, as it says 1-3 months to arrive. This damn thing didn't even make it 3 days in the mail from Sideshow, how the hell is it going to make it 1-3 months from Japan?

Thing is though, I've never returned a statue before. I knew putting it together may have been a bad idea, as it would just make me potentially want to keep it. I have a bad habit of getting attached to things.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:42 AM   #834
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post
I think I need a little advice here. So I did talk to Sideshow about the broken Eileen, and unfortunately as expected, they can't replace the part because they don't have the stock. I can either get the full refund or get $120 credit. the good news, is that other than that right wing, which was a pretty big break, and a few broken feathers on that same part, the rest of the statue appears to be in pristine shape.

When I first saw the break, I was determined to just send it back, but now that I've set it up and have had it sitting there, I'm starting to get attached to it and am starting to wonder if I should just glue all the damaged parts and keep the thing. I'll be honest though, I don't know if I'm thinking rationally at this point, and just wanted to hear some people's thoughts if they were in the same boat and what they would do should the choice were reversed. I mean, with tax and shipping from Sideshow it was a total price of $930. (I did use $200 points, but I will get those back anyways) Buying from Prime 1 directly is still a possibility, but I would have to spend about $1050 - $1100 to probably get it, as that's what The Hunter was for me to get on the waitlist. I do worry about this piece, being mailed from Prime 1 though, as it says 1-3 months to arrive. This damn thing didn't even make it 3 days in the mail from Sideshow, how the hell is it going to make it 1-3 months from Japan?

Thing is though, I've never returned a statue before. I knew putting it together may have been a bad idea, as it would just make me potentially want to keep it. I have a bad habit of getting attached to things.
You can always take the credit and pay a customizer to repair the damage back to perfect shape. The 120 would probably cover that.

Depends on how you handle your collection though. It will impact resale value, but if you don't care about that and care more about the item/it being in your collection, that shouldn't matter.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 05:35 PM   #835
DarkKnight85

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
You can always take the credit and pay a customizer to repair the damage back to perfect shape. The 120 would probably cover that.

Depends on how you handle your collection though. It will impact resale value, but if you don't care about that and care more about the item/it being in your collection, that shouldn't matter.
Well, not going to lie. I didn't think about a customizer. This is actually a screenshot with all the breaks. You still think $120 would cover that? I do know as a backup that I could glue them myself as I checked and they all did fit into place. I did like the idea of a professional doing it though. It's too bad, sideshow doesn't have a service where they take the part and do that for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0742.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	353.8 KB
ID:	134553  
Old 11-28-2020, 09:25 AM   #836
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Nice find man, hopefully it's still in the works.
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 07:38 PM   #837
frag
Fantastic Four

some speculation The Doll will be showcased this weekend.

frag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 08:56 PM   #838
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag View Post
some speculation The Doll will be showcased this weekend.

This would sell. Lots of pent-up demand. Has my attention...
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 11:10 PM   #839
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

It has been years, but I will still get her day one to go with Eileen and Maria
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 04:18 AM   #840
PoisonPixie
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I hope that you are right and this is for The Doll. Be very disappointed if it’s not.
PoisonPixie is offline   Reply With Quote