Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-28-2016, 09:32 AM   #11
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
wow! this came out of nowhere!

I have the 2 from SS, so it will be difficult to justify getting this...but man, is it tempting!
But you need space for two statues. Here you can change one statue into another if you want.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 11:16 AM   #12
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

this looks to be ridiculously good!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 11:24 AM   #13
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
But you need space for two statues. Here you can change one statue into another if you want.
lol,you are right. The dilemma is that I love the SS versions. I will try and score a "local" deal down the road as I can only imagine what shipping will cost for this beast.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 12:41 PM   #14
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

See I've always wanted sideshows but missed the king hulk and glad hulk was cool but took away from sculpt too much so may have to have this one! With all the switch outs I don't think you can go wrong with this one! This one literally came out of no where!!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:56 PM   #15
SuperJ300
Zot

Aweome!!
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 02:23 PM   #16
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

DAMN!!! Troy is a Hulk god. I was bugging the boys at XM to get him to do a full 1/4 scale Hulk. They were so coy ...lol.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 02:26 PM   #17
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

I am definitely getting this! This is the way SSC should have done theirs, 2 in 1 and no shield to block his sculpt. Although there is no denying that SSC did a great job with the sculpt, I think Gladiator Hulk is one of their best statues if not the best. I was going to buy the SSC one but held out...and now XM has delivered!

The fact the Troy McDevitt is doing this and has done exceptional hulks, nails it for me. It addresses all the minor nitpicks I had with the SSC one. Plus his base and overall look creates quite the presence.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 02:38 PM   #18
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
I am definitely getting this! This is the way SSC should have done theirs, 2 in 1 and no shield to block his sculpt. Although there is no denying that SSC did a great job with the sculpt, I think Gladiator Hulk is one of their best statues if not the best. I was going to buy the SSC one but held out...and now XM has delivered!

The fact the Troy McDevitt is doing this and has done exceptional hulks, nails it for me. It addresses all the minor nitpicks I had with the SSC one. Plus his base and overall look creates quite the presence.
I think that those who are more cautious of space and price tag are damn well served by the beauty of a sculpt that SSC, Martin Canale, and the Gore Group did. However, if you have more to spend and the room to display it... this is a TOTALLY killer sculpt by Troy. Honestly, the man is a total Hulk killer when it comes to sculpts.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 04:30 PM   #19
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
I think that those who are more cautious of space and price tag are damn well served by the beauty of a sculpt that SSC, Martin Canale, and the Gore Group did. However, if you have more to spend and the room to display it... this is a TOTALLY killer sculpt by Troy. Honestly, the man is a total Hulk killer when it comes to sculpts.
I would agree that the if you have the space this will work well. Which works well with me as I have a custom unit being built and have the perfect spot for him...I hope lol... but may not for others.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:32 PM   #20
Cali604
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
DAMN!!! Troy is a Hulk god. I was bugging the boys at XM to get him to do a full 1/4 scale Hulk. They were so coy ...lol.
They were very coy, cuz I asked for this and also received vague answers that kinda hinted at something...so I was completely surprised by this