Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-21-2019, 08:46 AM   #11
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"Scott, I don't ever say this, but you-freaking-rock!"

"XM Studios is excited to present our next Marvel Premium Collectibles series statue, Iceman! Literally, the coolest mutant is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:4 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the highest possible quality finish. Crafted in a specially developed cold-cast polyresin material for the first time in all of XM’s creations, this special material was researched and developed together with the manufacturing factory’s senior engineering teams to achieve a realistic frosted ice effect (instead of common clear resin) that is durable and original to XM. The raw material is more costly to develop due to the special attributes but hey, Iceman deserves the best ice materials! Iceman is designed in a dynamic pose on a ice slide, showing his abilities atop a Danger Room themed base!

Bobby Drake discovered his mutant power to create ice while in his early teens, yet kept his condition hidden from everyone but his parents."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:43 AM   #12
ozboy
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
And how, example?
Make iceman and the base distinguishable from eachother with color. Iceman more blue and / or the base with more frost. Or vice versa. Just not a bland mass of the same like it is now.
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:12 AM   #13
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Ups, wrong thread.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:24 PM   #14
captoz
Nightwing

So, POs just closed for this and very little has been said about this piece.

I guess I am still a bit on the fence and so far, this is the first XM X-men statue I haven’t ordered. For me, it was because of the size of the base and the price compared to other pieces. Also, probably most significantly, I had to make a choice as couldn’t order all the pieces I wanted given how many will hit early next year.

What do others think? Has anyone seen this in person and if so, did you order or pass? Why?

I am very curious as to how this one will turn out and whether I should still pick up if I can.
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 04:49 PM   #15
cjacobs83
Justice League

I actually had it on pre-order and cancelled. Base size too large. This character just wasn’t loved enough to pay that kind of money.
cjacobs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:08 PM   #16
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I love this piece. Will only be my third XM. Can't wait.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:13 AM   #17
zombiegalactus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think this is a great piece. I already have it paid in full with no regrets. Im passing on Gambit and Prof X and some people love those ones. These pieces are to big and expensive to get everything for most of us. For me this was an instant buy but it means I won't be getting something else. That's the way it goes. I'd say if your hesitant and not even sure you want it then don't get it. Wait for those pieces you love.
zombiegalactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:08 AM   #18
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from Ang Seng

"At last we solve the issue for the back feet to be secure to the base ....", Ang Seng.

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

Old 07-02-2019, 06:51 AM   #19
Foxgod
Justice League

Is this the version of Iceman that prefers popsicles or the version that prefers Icecream sandwitches?

Good looking statue, i only collect female statue's tho , so i go for the Ice Queen Emma.
Foxgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:08 AM   #20
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxgod View Post
Is this the version of Iceman that prefers popsicles or the version that prefers Icecream sandwitches?

Good looking statue, i only collect female statue's tho , so i go for the Ice Queen Emma.
I don't get how people proudly claim this all the time. Do you only watch movies with young girls in them? Do you only listen to music featuring female artists?
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote