Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-26-2020, 09:13 AM   #231
pau123
Sailor Moon

Isn’t this line 1/3. Just like Dog alien?
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 05:47 PM   #232
Blade3327
Nightwing

Extremely nerdy post incoming.

360 video: https://youtu.be/BMw7jeBjGEk

Still trying to figure whether to pull the trigger on one of these. To get a sense of how big these would actually look, I opened up the 360 turntable Youtube video on my TV. First thing I realized is how massive these will be in real life, as they will be even larger than they appear on a 50" screen. The second thing I realized is how important your distance from the piece (or the focal length of your lens while taking pictures) will be for your perception of it.

What I mean by that is: the website states this Warrior is roughly 26" tall and 30" wide/deep. The photos on the website confirm that it is indeed wider than it is tall. But the YouTube video was shot with a longer focal length, so the depth appears to be "flattened," making it appear taller than wide -- which is excellent, it really does look good from the front view in the video.

But here's the problem: the actual statue will be so enormous and the base so deep that you may have to stand pretty far away in order to achieve this effect. Convention photos are rarely great, but the Alien Warrior in particular looks quite warped in convention photos (head appears huge vs the body and base appears much too big). Why? Because photographers can't bring a super long lens and shoot it from across the room where depth will be more neutral.

In short, it's not just the ratio of height to width. It's the overall scale that will make this ratio harder to pull off. You not only need the physical space to fit the statue, but enough room to be able to stand back and perceive it in a balanced way.

From an optical standpoint, the Big Chap will be easier to display despite its greater height. It's not as wide or as deep, so its proportions will look "correct" even if you're standing closer to it.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 12:41 AM   #233
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

That base is so absurdly wide/deep. It doesn't add anything positive to the statue IMO.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 03:33 AM   #234
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
That base is so absurdly wide/deep. It doesn't add anything positive to the statue IMO.
I agree, the base is just silly on this, and I don't love the pose. I'm not even tempted by his one tbh. Their Big chap however is calling to me more and more every day....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 12:09 AM   #235
Temek
Fantastic Four

DX on PO

Just PO'd this bad boy last week, love the pose and the position of the tail. I checked out the Coolprops Warrior but didn't like the pose as much (like the base besides the tacky water effect).

The base on this Warrior is insane and busy but think it will be much more bearable once in hand. I'll be pairing this with the Prime 1 Big Chap and CM Pred.

All I need is Prime 1 to do another Dog Alien and I'll be set. Figure Prime 1 will release another Dog Alien sooner than later as to not have Coolprops attached to it (doesn't seem like they are friends anymore lol).
Temek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 11:24 PM   #236
gearhead
The Herculoids

Has anybody noticed that the left arm is hanging down in the official pics and reaching straight out forward in some of the pics from shows? I'm guessing someone assembled it wrong for the shows, but does that mean there's two display options, intentional or not?
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 06:05 PM   #237
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temek View Post
Just PO'd this bad boy last week, love the pose and the position of the tail. I checked out the Coolprops Warrior but didn't like the pose as much (like the base besides the tacky water effect).

The base on this Warrior is insane and busy but think it will be much more bearable once in hand. I'll be pairing this with the Prime 1 Big Chap and CM Pred.

All I need is Prime 1 to do another Dog Alien and I'll be set. Figure Prime 1 will release another Dog Alien sooner than later as to not have Coolprops attached to it (doesn't seem like they are friends anymore lol).
I missed out on their Dog Alien, so I too would be wanting them to make another version in a different pose. Maybe in a running stride or whatever they come up with.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 08:25 PM   #238
Blade3327
Nightwing

Release date of this was updated to "During 2022."
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 10:00 AM   #239
Exorcist
Hydra

Question

I really love this statue, and I would like to use him as a companion piece next to the upcoming 1:3 Jungle Predator. But everytime I look at this Alien Warrior, it looks like a 1:4 scale statue, especially when it is standing next to the 1:3 Alien Big Chap .....
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 02:39 PM   #240
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

The admin of the FB group just said the following:

"It's a 1/4 statue. It's under the Premium Masterline (1/4 size)."
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote