Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-28-2020, 02:31 PM   #71
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat Phoenix View Post
I was looking at putting an Iron man in my collection, this one, and the other Maquette https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...ctibles-300281

what are you fine people's thoughts on the better one? I can't decide..
Definitely the Mark VII Maquette...I'm actually tempted to make that my first Iron Man piece, but I'm not quite comfortable crossing the $800 "mark", pun intended.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 02:43 PM   #72
Lestat Phoenix
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Definitely the Mark VII Maquette...I'm actually tempted to make that my first Iron Man piece, but I'm not quite comfortable crossing the $800 "mark", pun intended.
LOL me too, it is in my cart right now and I'm just watching tv and looking at it every 3 min hahah
Lestat Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 02:53 PM   #73
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 03:45 PM   #74
Venzhe
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I mean... if Hot Toys can just keep repainting armor variants, why can’t statue companies? Who needs a new pose?
Venzhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 05:03 PM   #75
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venzhe View Post
I mean... if Hot Toys can just keep repainting armor variants, why can’t statue companies? Who needs a new pose?
In all honestly there’s a kind of stink attached to this statue, at least for me. I know the new one will probably be fine, but the Mark 42 original was just so badly painted by the factory at the time.

And while Hot Toys does variants all the time, at least their paint jobs are pretty much pristine each and every time. I still remember for me how jarring it was moving from figures to statues, as I had to lower my quality concerns quite a bit when it came to the paint.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 01:27 AM   #76
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
Well not really. That was the last year Iron Man could be considered a comic book characters.
Lol yes! 2008 I didn’t even think about that. He literally sold out and went mainstream that year
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 02:51 AM   #77
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venzhe View Post
Because posing is a big part of the hobby? By that logic why bother with new Batman poses , just lets pose them all the same lol.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 02:53 AM   #78
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Classic Iron Man Comiquette came out in 2008. TWELVE WHOLE YEARS AGO.

Isn’t it CRAZY that is the last time sideshow made a 1/4 comic book Iron Man? I guess they see no sales potential in a comic version because all they do is movie versions.

Still waiting for another comic (“inspired”, because it’ll definitely be sideshow’s own version) Iron Man. If that Adi Granov Extremis II statue was 1/4 I would’ve auto-bought it with no thought. Hopefully when they do comic IM again it won’t be over $1000 and it will be done well (no awkward pose, great details, etc)
I reckon the big mouse tells them to push out movie versions first. I am willing to bet good money that the majority of statue collectors or a significant portion at the very least don’t read comics .
Old 10-31-2020, 03:29 AM   #79
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I reckon the big mouse tells them to push out movie versions first. I am willing to bet good money that the majority of statue collectors or a significant portion at the very least don’t read comics .
Probably true.

And there’s still a large portion of comic statue collectors who haven’t read a comic in literally decades.

I myself love the MCU. But I also read comics via their Marvel Unlimited app and DC via Omnibus releases. But if I’m being honest, while I love RDJ’s Iron Man, I’ve never really felt much love for the Iron Man comics themselves. I’ll read literally dozens of other titles, but that isn’t one of them.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 05:11 AM   #80
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Probably true.

And there’s still a large portion of comic statue collectors who haven’t read a comic in literally decades.

I myself love the MCU. But I also read comics via their Marvel Unlimited app and DC via Omnibus releases. But if I’m being honest, while I love RDJ’s Iron Man, I’ve never really felt much love for the Iron Man comics themselves. I’ll read literally dozens of other titles, but that isn’t one of them.
I read only Batman TPB’s and keep an eye out on some Marvel stuff. But I still am waiting for a kickass Iron Man statue.