Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-01-2020, 03:45 AM   #10221
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Well the bloody version is on WL now for all options
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 03:53 AM   #10222
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
The frames they used don’t distract or take away from the piece at all imo. And they’re really not all that big either. It’s more of the price that put people off. Sometimes the convenience of buying it framed already saves a lot of trouble. And you already know how it’s going to look.
Agreed!

At first when i started buying art, i purchased art print stand alone. Then took it to to different placed to have them framed. Michaels had the best prices and choice of frames so i ended up going with them. Once i had it all picked out 1 ended up being 210$+ for the frame/mat/glass etc. The other print i chose a cheaper frame with really basic mat for roughly 80$.
So they send the prints out to be framed (somewhere) for 2 weeks. Another chance to me, that something could go wrong/mixedup/lost. Not to mention they might not have the same frame once i go back months later. So now i have 2 pieces with frames that don't match. I prefer the style that sideshow offers with their framing.

So in my eyes, its easier to buy it framed. Less trips to the store, less mishaps, matching style of frames, and its the same price. Once i have it from Sideshow, i can hang it up right away!
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 08:59 AM   #10223
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Agreed!

At first when i started buying art, i purchased art print stand alone. Then took it to to different placed to have them framed. Michaels had the best prices and choice of frames so i ended up going with them. Once i had it all picked out 1 ended up being 210$+ for the frame/mat/glass etc. The other print i chose a cheaper frame with really basic mat for roughly 80$.
So they send the prints out to be framed (somewhere) for 2 weeks. Another chance to me, that something could go wrong/mixedup/lost. Not to mention they might not have the same frame once i go back months later. So now i have 2 pieces with frames that don't match. I prefer the style that sideshow offers with their framing.

So in my eyes, its easier to buy it framed. Less trips to the store, less mishaps, matching style of frames, and its the same price. Once i have it from Sideshow, i can hang it up right away!
I couldn't agree more!!
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 01:46 PM   #10224
Mister H
Gen 13

Just got my Batman print by Nekron. Looks really good, wasn’t expecting it either. It’s still listed as a pre-order on SS.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 01:46 PM   #10225
Mister H
Gen 13

Jean-Claude Van Damme in Double Impact.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 01:50 PM   #10226
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Can't wait to get the Campbell rogue and gambit! Hope Jim Lee, Todd Mcfarlane and Liefeld prints will be coming in the future!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 02:57 PM   #10227
ZatStackz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Agreed!

So in my eyes, its easier to buy it framed. Less trips to the store, less mishaps, matchingstyle of frames, and its the same price. Once i have it from Sideshow, i can hang it up right away!
It's definitely easier to buy it framed but you can save a bunch by framing yourself if you are willing to spend the time doing it. For a $100 print, it doesn't make sense to spend more than the print on the frame. I'm fairly new to this, but I plan on filling my room's walls with prints so I figured it would be worth investing in framing tools. For <$40 I was able to frame my latest print and I'm very happy with how it came out. If definitely doesn't look as good as the sideshow frames and the frame is much lower quality, but once it's on the wall I can't tell that it's a cheap frame.

Here's what I bought:
  • Belmont 18x24 frame ($12) - wait for a sale at Michaels
  • Handheld mat cutter ($20) - on ebay
  • Mat board ($5) - Michael's sale. Can get two 18x24 out of the board. then the middle pieces can be used for smaller framing jobs

I'm happy with the result.
Now that I have the mat cutter, the rest of my framing will be even less expensive and I can always match the Belmont frames. They come in all sizes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200801_113412.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	277.7 KB
ID:	132278  
ZatStackz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 04:55 PM   #10228
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

Fair enough to all who like frames, I just have never liked frames. I think the prints with the frames was $260 EACH for bloody and regular variants, and that’s beyond wacky in my opinion. I’d rather just screen shot the picture on my phone and that’s that lol. But I only paid $60 for the two prints thanks to rewards points so I’m happy.
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 04:56 PM   #10229
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

Double post
Old 08-01-2020, 04:58 PM   #10230
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZatStackz View Post
It's definitely easier to buy it framed but you can save a bunch by framing yourself if you are willing to spend the time doing it. For a $100 print, it doesn't make sense to spend more than the print on the frame. I'm fairly new to this, but I plan on filling my room's walls with prints so I figured it would be worth investing in framing tools. For <$40 I was able to frame my latest print and I'm very happy with how it came out. If definitely doesn't look as good as the sideshow frames and the frame is much lower quality, but once it's on the wall I can't tell that it's a cheap frame.

Here's what I bought:
  • Belmont 18x24 frame ($12) - wait for a sale at Michaels
  • Handheld mat cutter ($20) - on ebay
  • Mat board ($5) - Michael's sale. Can get two 18x24 out of the board. then the middle pieces can be used for smaller framing jobs

I'm happy with the result.
Now that I have the mat cutter, the rest of my framing will be even less expensive and I can always match the Belmont frames. They come in all sizes.
You know what, that looks pretty damn good. I’ll keep this post in mind.