Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-25-2011, 08:25 PM   #21
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

As long as it's not an attempt to remake the first one, I'm fine with it. I don't think Scott would remake his own movie, but tell another story from that world, which could certainly be interesting. There have been a few blah attempts to do that with a TV series, comics and a PC video game.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #22
Babytoxie
Ghost

The original told a perfect story. It had an open ending, but it was enough. Let it end there.

If it's so necessary to explore the story further, then it should have been done back in the '80s... oh, but wait, it wasn't a box office smash, so no need. It only comes up 30 years later, when it is now regarded (rightly) as a classic and those involved see dollar signs dancing in their heads. So let's strip-mine that sucker!
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:19 AM   #23
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
The original told a perfect story. It had an open ending, but it was enough. Let it end there.

If it's so necessary to explore the story further, then it should have been done back in the '80s... oh, but wait, it wasn't a box office smash, so no need. It only comes up 30 years later, when it is now regarded (rightly) as a classic and those involved see dollar signs dancing in their heads. So let's strip-mine that sucker!
I'm surprised they aren't rebooting it with Zak Effron as Deckard and Robert Pattenson as Batty to appeal to a younger crowd.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #24
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Scott to Direct Blade Runner "sequel"

Ridley Scott Says New BLADE RUNNER Will Be His Next Movie and “It’s Liable to Be a Sequel”

Source: Collider.com
Quote:
Back in August, we reported the surprising news that director Ridley Scott would be returning to the world of his 1982 film Blade Runner although we didn’t know if the new movie would be a sequel, prequel, or a spin-off. There was also the question of where the movie would fall into Scott’s massive line-up of potential projects. In a recent interview with the Wall Street Journal [via Badass Digest], Scott offered some brief updates on the project. He says the new Blade Runner will be his next film and it “is liable to be a sequel,” but that it will feature none of the original cast or even the character of Deckard. However, he also says “we’re quite a long way in, actually,” even though he’s still in the process of finding a writer “that might be able to help me deliver.” To me that sounds like he’s mapped out an outline and certain beats he wants to hit, but he’s looking for someone to help fill in the gaps.

Hit the jump for a rundown of what we know so far about the project, including a timetable for how soon it would hit theaters.

When the project was first announced, Alcon Entertainment producer Andrew Kosgrove weighed in on the timetable for the film. He said the soonest he could envision filming beginning would be 2013, giving Scott 18 months to hire a writer, pen the script, fill out the cast, and get going on pre-production. Given Scott’s recent comments about it being his next project after Prometheus, this sounds about spot-on. Prometheus opens in June of 2012, giving Scott ample time free from Prometheus to put some elbow grease into the project. For now, Scott can put a writer on the pic while he finishes up post-production on Prometheus.

Kosgrove also stated that it was highly unlikely that Harrison Ford would be returning, which is confirmed by today’s comments from Scott. This new Blade Runner may end up being a sequel in the loosest sense of the word. Kosgrove said that this new film is “a total reinvention” and will be created “as separately as possible” from the original pic. It’s highly likely that it may simply take place in the same universe as the original Blade Runner, but with completely different characters (which is what Prometheus’ connection to Alien is rumored to be). It’ll be a while before we find out for sure, but at least we now have a firm timetable for the new Blade Runner.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #25
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

http://collider.com/blade-runner-2-s...ancher/167046/
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #26
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

With both Scott and Hampton Fancher attached they are getting closer to at least getting my interest piqued, if they can bring David Webb Peoples on board as well, then I'm pretty much sold...despite how badly wrong this could potentially go.

Still, there is a lot of untapped potential in the Blade Runner universe, so if they were making a 'sidequel' rather than a direct sequel, left Deckard and Rachel out of it completely (so that their story still stood alone) and only brought back, say, Edward James Olmos' Gaff as a returning character link between the two films, then told a completely new story with new characters in that universe, then I'd definitely be willing to give it a shot, given the behind the camera talent involved.

A more direct sequel with the return of Deckard, I just don't see that kind of thing working though. But I've been wrong before, so who knows...

Regardless, I always have high hopes with Scott's stuff, so if it happens it'll be high on my radar, just like Prometheus is currently.
Ex-Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #27
Luminous
Cyclops

They just picked Michael Green (Green Lantern) to write the screenplay. My question is..... why?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...504ed166000017
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:14 PM   #28
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I dunno. Unlike a lot of people I actually enjoyed Green Lantern. Was it perfect? Absolutely not. That said I'd take it over a lot of other superhero/comic book inspired films.

We'll see how this turns out. If the screenplay is crap I have enough faith in RS that he'll either re-vamp it or scrap it altogether.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #29
Luminous
Cyclops

Yeah, I didn't hate Green Lantern. However, as a GL fan myself it was still a tad disappointing.

I just think that if that is the best Michael Green can deliver (I'm not saying it is), that Blade Runner probably deserves better. Let's hope he can deliver.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #30
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I think the problem with GL was there were to many chefs in the kitchen. Green's work was tampered with and it was far from a being a solo effort despite the majority of the credit going to him. If Ridley Scott sees something in him, I trust that. Pound for pound RS is my favorite Director of all time and I believe he has an eye for talent.