Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-06-2013, 01:11 AM   #21
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
maybe they'll kill storm off

this however is very cool news, have always thought apoc would make an awesome cinematic villain
yeah key word. "would". thats if they dont screw it up like they have before with this franchise.
odds aren't in their favor..
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #22
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:

this however is very cool news, have always thought apoc would make an awesome cinematic villain
Hmmm....let's see how close I can come to the storyline for this movie. He'll end up being a robot created by Bolivar Trask called Nimrod.Trask sends a powerful Sentinel back in time to ancient Egypt, to stop the coming of mutants from happening. The sentinel encounters the first mutant and battles with him. The sentinel realizes that he can become more powerful by melding with this extremely powerful mutant, and he fuses the mutant into himself and becomes this all powerful super bad robotic mutant hybrid dude! He then takes the name Apocalypse, because he thinks it sounds cooler than Nimrod. Yeah...that sounds about right...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #23
DynamicMenace

was that how Apoc came to be MM?
Old 12-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #24
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
and just think. she will be in the next film DOFP.

It's one of the main reasons I'm sure this movie will be whack....sadly. I'm sure she will be used poorly in both time-lines.

Quote:
Normally I'd be pissed, but I am A-OK with that elimination!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #25
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
was that how Apoc came to be MM?
If it is, I'm psychic...or psychotic. I actually just made that all up on the spot, so I can't see where it would be even close. I've never read Apocalypse's origin. The only thing I've heard is that he is supposed to be the first mutant, and is from ancient Egypt. I just knew with the all things robotic/scientific craze that seems to be the wave of creative direction now, that there had to me a mechanical/ robot element in there somewhere.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #26
MrYac
Hercules

nah, that's got too many similarities with actual comic history for it to work in an X-Men movie.

i'd say it's more along the lines of Apocalypse is actually the unknown non-mutant twin brother of Prof. X that has always resented his brothers attitude that humans and mutants should live together. through his years of research he eventually contacts aliens that capture him and graft robo-alien parts to him and when he finally gets released back on earth he goes on a rampage
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #27
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Sounds exactly like something Singer would approve of
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #28
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
nah, that's got too many similarities with actual comic history for it to work in an X-Men movie.

i'd say it's more along the lines of Apocalypse is actually the unknown non-mutant twin brother of Prof. X that has always resented his brothers attitude that humans and mutants should live together. through his years of research he eventually contacts aliens that capture him and graft robo-alien parts to him and when he finally gets released back on earth he goes on a rampage
Wow...I have no idea what Apocalypse's history even is. That's funny! I have to admit that your concept does sound more in line with the cinematic X-Men universe though.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #29
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
If it is, I'm psychic...or psychotic. I actually just made that all up on the spot, so I can't see where it would be even close. I've never read Apocalypse's origin. The only thing I've heard is that he is supposed to be the first mutant, and is from ancient Egypt. I just knew with the all things robotic/scientific craze that seems to be the wave of creative direction now, that there had to me a mechanical/ robot element in there somewhere.
well then that was pretty damn good. too bad the people doing X-men cant think this creatively..
Old 12-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #30
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Sounds exactly like something Singer would approve of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Wow...I have no idea what Apocalypse's history even is. That's funny! I have to admit that your concept does sound more in line with the cinematic X-Men universe though.
so true