Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #11
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
can't you file a claim? I thought all the power was with the buyers these days
It is, which sucks in some ways. I had a guy that bought an item off of ebay and he wrote and said it arrived cracked and asked how we go about filing a claim. I got all the info and sent it to him so that he didn't have to waste money on sending it back from California to Ohio and he waited for over a month and filed a dispute at the last minute. By that time I figured he already filed and got his money back.

He bought it on 3/31 and filed on 5/10 and waited all that time before he said anything and then waited up to the very last minute to file the dispute to a claim and said it was the seller's responsibility to file not his, which is not the case because it can be either person. So of course Paypal sided with him and I had to file the claim at the very last minute and then I get an email saying that a letter was sent to him saying that he received a letter shortly after I filed on 5/10 but didn't even mention it to me that he was suppose to take it in for inspection and they said I had 30 days after the letter was sent out and 2 weeks had already passed.

He had until June 9th to send it out and provide tracking and hasn't yet, but I'm sure he is waiting until the very last moment again. If anyone wants the name I will post it because he is blocked but I will be watching his auctions.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #12
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
It is, which sucks in some ways. I had a guy that bought an item off of ebay and he wrote and said it arrived cracked and asked how we go about filing a claim. I got all the info and sent it to him so that he didn't have to waste money on sending it back from California to Ohio and he waited for over a month and filed a dispute at the last minute. By that time I figured he already filed and got his money back.

He bought it on 3/31 and filed on 5/10 and waited all that time before he said anything and then waited up to the very last minute to file the dispute to a claim and said it was the seller's responsibility to file not his, which is not the case because it can be either person. So of course Paypal sided with him and I had to file the claim at the very last minute and then I get an email saying that a letter was sent to him saying that he received a letter shortly after I filed on 5/10 but didn't even mention it to me that he was suppose to take it in for inspection and they said I had 30 days after the letter was sent out and 2 weeks had already passed.

He had until June 9th to send it out and provide tracking and hasn't yet, but I'm sure he is waiting until the very last moment again. If anyone wants the name I will post it because he is blocked but I will be watching his auctions.
just put them on this list cat...

http://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=104353&page=2
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:06 PM   #13
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

This happened to me about 2 months ago. I bought a statue from outside the UK and tracked it to the point that it said 'signed for and delivered'.... problem was it wasn't delivered to me.

Turns out that the seller put the wrong address on it, Parcelforce told me the exact address and it differed to mine, so I popped round the other house [just up the street] but they had only gone and posted it back. Luckily I managed to intercept it leaving the ParcelForce depot as the woman there was watching out for it. The sender was totally unhelpful even though he'd made the mistake.

I'd contact the Post office as even though your not the sender, they will act on it as it's mail fraud.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:49 PM   #14
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm getting scammed on Ebay right now, and Ebay actually called me this morning, when I was searching their site for the number to reach them at.

I told the woman on the phone that I'm unhappy with my funds being frozen when my feedback has been flawless for years (no negatives, ever), and now some yahoo wants to be reimbursed when I know he has a flawless statue that I sent him already up in his display, no doubt. This is far from over, probably... the only thing that irks me is they've kiboshed my Paypal account until the @sshat gets his sh!t together, and I have commissions to pay for.

.. maybe it's time that my wife got a Paypal account.

The punk opened a can of worms.. that I'll gladly forcefeed him.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote