View Poll Results: Which Moon Knight is Better
White 53 45.30%
Silver 50 42.74%
I Like Both Equally 14 11.97%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2017, 12:46 AM   #61
Das Brutah
The Avengers

They definitely altered the appearance and coloring of the costume over time through the 80s run. That said, Marvel has referred to the character as the jet and silver avenger, as in jet black.

I can't find this right now, but I swear I remember an interview with Bill Sienkiewicz talking about the coloring process, and the body portion of the costume being dark and the highlights being silver...
BS drew this character differently over time, and with it the coloring of the costume going darker more through secong half of his run drawing the book.

Even in the early drawing published in the Hulk magazine, the visuals seems to vary throughtout the course of a single issue/storyline.

I like the silver version better as it hits the target on how I remember the character and what version of bill sienkiewicz rendering of the character.

I also like the white version and had both. I opted to keep the silver.

Not a fan of blue highlights. The major visual inconsistency I had with the white version was the color of the forearm ring guards, cresents and boot strap. Just too dark as compared to early Moon Knight Bill Sienkiewicz comics/drawings. Not ever drawn or colored like this in the comics.

To each his own...
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:51 AM   #62
Tyz1on
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Before you both earn a ban. Keep it civil.
Apologies. I'm done with this. Peace Out!
Tyz1on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:43 PM   #63
xforce
Hydra

Who would have ever thought white vs silver moon night would bring out so much passion. I would love to see a movie or tv show about him.
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:09 AM   #64
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post
Who would have ever thought white vs silver moon night would bring out so much passion. I would love to see a movie or tv show about him.
Would you like him to be wearing a white costume or a silver one in the movie or tv show? I personally love his silver costume.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:40 PM   #65
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Well just read that whole debate. I cannot deny that Silver is the real colour or what he was supposed to be if they could have used silver to colour him. Having said that I prefer the white, blue highlights and all. I wonder if XM will make a silver moon knight as well. That would be pretty cool as a variant.
It also occurs to me that again as much as he is supposed to be silver the few statues and busts made of him are all mainly white. The statue companies could make silver moon knights easily enough. So does this mean that silver is supposed to be the colour but white is the accepted color?

Thoughts....
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:02 PM   #66
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13 View Post
Well just read that whole debate. I cannot deny that Silver is the real colour or what he was supposed to be if they could have used silver to colour him. Having said that I prefer the white, blue highlights and all. I wonder if XM will make a silver moon knight as well. That would be pretty cool as a variant.
It also occurs to me that again as much as he is supposed to be silver the few statues and busts made of him are all mainly white. The statue companies could make silver moon knights easily enough. So does this mean that silver is supposed to be the colour but white is the accepted color?

Thoughts....
Companies making comic book themed statues will likely base their color schemes on what makes the printed page and is the most popular interpretation. It's an interesting debate as to whether he was always supposed to be silver but predominantly appeared white due to coloring limitations. That said it stands to reason more people see him as being white regardless of any reasoning behind the alterations that have been made to him over the years.

Speaking for myself I always thought he was supposed to be white and never really considered he was truly silver, but it makes complete sense and I'm inclined to believe it's true. Either way silver would appear as white in the moon light so in a way either could be considered correct depending on the environment/lighting.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:14 PM   #67
Tyz1on

Most respectfully, it was the coloring limitations that I was trying to draw attention to when things kind of got out of hand. Out of the all the characters who are supposed to be silver, but are colored white due to limitations, the only thing Moon Knight is missing is the word silver in his name. Silver Surfer, Silver Centurion, Silver Sable (silver costume and hair), Rom etc were all drawn with white ink. So if the word silver was taken out of their names would they be considered white? Just call him Surfer and picture him as he is drawn

Is he white or silver? Now when reading the comic you see that he is referred to as being silver. That was how Moon Knight was introduced. Colored with white ink but referred to as being silver. The only thing I took as not being silver was the lining of his cloak and cowl but depending on the colorist, even that was occasionally drawn different. One artist drew him with black panels on his inner thighs as well. But it does explain why he was often described as being jet and silver.

Old 06-18-2017, 08:55 PM   #68
ravenshadow
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

There is art with the silver surfer coloured silver.

How about you find some art with Moon Knight coloured silver?
ravenshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:05 PM   #69
Tyz1on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenshadow View Post
There is art with the silver surfer coloured silver.

How about you find some art with Moon Knight coloured silver?
You are a funny man. I don't have to find you anything. It's amazing that even though the actual company that created Moon knight says that he is silver over and over again, that you, who is ???? refuses to see what MARVEL COMICS puts in print in their comic. Did you actually read the examples I posted where they say he is SILVER. Right there in print...in the actual comic..Marvel says it... not me... MARVEL says it....SILVER. But you who thinks he knows more than MARVEL says....nope he's white....cause why again ???? Cause he looks white?? That has already been already explained.

You, who believes, like everyone else, that the Silver Surfer has been silver from the beginning because it has the word silver written to describe him. The word silver. Not the colour silver because back then Marvel Comics didn't use silver ink. They used white ink. So the only connection to determine that the Silver Surfer is in fact silver, is the word SILVER. But, despite the fact that I have shown in print that the same company, Marvel Comics, has used the word silver to describe Moon Knight numerous times (Including the front cover of his first appearance) you're still in denial.

I read that first appearance and saw the word silver used to describe him on the front cover and never for an instance thought that he was white, even though he was coloured white. Just like when they introduced Silver Sable, they used the word SILVER to describe her hair. They used white ink to colour her hair but used the word SILVER to describe it....so her hair is silver. Are you getting it yet?

His voice was muffled under the SILVER gauze which covered his face like ectoplasm. The word silver used to describe his mask. Not white, Silver. Right there...again..in print...in the comic...that MARVEL put out.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:14 AM   #70
ravenshadow
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyz1on View Post
You are a funny man. I don't have to find you anything. It's amazing that even though the actual company that created Moon knight says that he is silver over and over again, that you, who is ???? refuses to see what MARVEL COMICS puts in print in their comic. Did you actually read the examples I posted where they say he is SILVER. Right there in print...in the actual comic..Marvel says it... not me... MARVEL says it....SILVER. But you who thinks he knows more than MARVEL says....nope he's white....cause why again ???? Cause he looks white?? That has already been already explained.

You, who believes, like everyone else, that the Silver Surfer has been silver from the beginning because it has the word silver written to describe him. The word silver. Not the colour silver because back then Marvel Comics didn't use silver ink. They used white ink. So the only connection to determine that the Silver Surfer is in fact silver, is the word SILVER. But, despite the fact that I have shown in print that the same company, Marvel Comics, has used the word silver to describe Moon Knight numerous times (Including the front cover of his first appearance) you're still in denial.

I read that first appearance and saw the word silver used to describe him on the front cover and never for an instance thought that he was white, even though he was coloured white. Just like when they introduced Silver Sable, they used the word SILVER to describe her hair. They used white ink to colour her hair but used the word SILVER to describe it....so her hair is silver. Are you getting it yet?

His voice was muffled under the SILVER gauze which covered his face like ectoplasm. The word silver used to describe his mask. Not white, Silver. Right there...again..in print...in the comic...that MARVEL put out.
Is that a large amount of writing saying no you can not find anything?
ravenshadow is offline   Reply With Quote