Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-08-2017, 08:29 AM   #1
LoreCraft
Frackin!

Lord of Darkness - I made my own

Greetings all!
I am new here and have been looking for appropriate communities to interact with and share some of what I am up to.
I'm not professionally trained and started making these on my kitchen table, and it took on a life of it's own. I used to play with clay when I was a kid, and there's a general convergence of overlapping skills I acquired working on cars and construction work (fiberglass, etc).
So, yes, I'm really enjoying this and I started making youtube demo's of the stuff I'm making. Darkness is my most recent, and I think it turned out really well. Here's the link to making Darkess:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSUg7IOoKBQ

Do please let me know what you think, and if this post is in the wrong spot, please feel free to move it to the appropriate threadspace. Hope you guys enjoy the sculpt! The Night King will be soon! I will post here when it's done, but please feel free to subscribe to my channel as it will show up there first.
Let me know what you think, fellas!
LoreCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:37 AM   #2
jeremydmc
Black Panther

WOW!, looks great. Watched the time lapse video too.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:48 AM   #3
LoreCraft
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
WOW!, looks great. Watched the time lapse video too.
Thanks mate! Hoping to really get things going, so community support is a big help. I'm a one man team with this, so it's slow cranking these out by myself. I wish I could post a new sculpture at least twice a month, but I am at Uni doing a Phd (unrelated, behavioural sciences), so that takes up a lot of time. That and I have limited work space, and these need time to dry before I can airbrush them, so lots of down time. Doing the Night King now and I am really really excited. He's coming along extremely well.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:15 AM   #4
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreCraft View Post
Thanks mate! Hoping to really get things going, so community support is a big help. I'm a one man team with this, so it's slow cranking these out by myself. I wish I could post a new sculpture at least twice a month, but I am at Uni doing a Phd (unrelated, behavioural sciences), so that takes up a lot of time. That and I have limited work space, and these need time to dry before I can airbrush them, so lots of down time. Doing the Night King now and I am really really excited. He's coming along extremely well.
Cannot wait to see it. I'm a big GoT fan!
Old 08-08-2017, 10:51 AM   #5
LoreCraft
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Cannot wait to see it. I'm a big GoT fan!
Here's a sneak peak!!

A WORK IN PROGRESS! I will post the video hopefully next week if I don't get too caught up in other work, but other fellas that might be interested, do please go to my channel and subscribe to get the update when I upload it. Hope you guys like it!
Old 08-08-2017, 10:59 AM   #6
jeremydmc
Black Panther

WOW! That looks terrific!