Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-28-2014, 07:38 PM   #11
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Well, perhaps to stand apart and not fit the mold so much.
CessnaDriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:39 PM   #12
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Yeah, when they showed that logo during SDCC, I presumed it was only for the quick announcement. But looks like it will remain the same.

Guardians of the Galaxy is already a little mouthful, guess they didn't want to elongate it further.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:51 PM   #13
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Did not do the LoTR franchise any harm.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:23 PM   #14
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Some news on characters to return and those who won't.
http://screenrant.com/guardians-gala...ula-groot-son/
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 02:55 AM   #15
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Well, James Gunn confirmed my worst fears. He was asked if Gladiator would be in Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and he said that Fox owns the rights for Gladiator and in effect the Shi'ar too. This of course means that Marvel can't use them. He said he'd love to use Gladiator in GG 2, but can't. GHHHHHAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This upsets me.

I also read an idea that someone had about the fact that Fox wants to do an X-Men TV show, but they can't, because they don't own the rights. So, the idea this guy had was, why doesn't Marvel make an attempt to get the cosmic characters away from Fox and Sony, by offering them TV rights for an X-Men TV series and Sony TV rights for a Spidey, or an FF TV series and make a play to get back the rights for all of the cosmic characters, like Gladiator and the Shi'ar, Silver Surfer and Galactus, and the Skrulls. They could and would use them in Guardians, as well as spin off movies. I'd love to see an Annihilators movie! Anyway, just one more reason to be frustrated by this whole character rights fight between Marvel, Fox, and Sony. Really annoying stuff...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:43 AM   #16
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Well, James Gunn confirmed my worst fears. He was asked if Gladiator would be in Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and he said that Fox owns the rights for Gladiator and in effect the Shi'ar too. This of course means that Marvel can't use them. He said he'd love to use Gladiator in GG 2, but can't. GHHHHHAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This upsets me.

I also read an idea that someone had about the fact that Fox wants to do an X-Men TV show, but they can't, because they don't own the rights. So, the idea this guy had was, why doesn't Marvel make an attempt to get the cosmic characters away from Fox and Sony, by offering them TV rights for an X-Men TV series and Sony TV rights for a Spidey, or an FF TV series and make a play to get back the rights for all of the cosmic characters, like Gladiator and the Shi'ar, Silver Surfer and Galactus, and the Skrulls. They could and would use them in Guardians, as well as spin off movies. I'd love to see an Annihilators movie! Anyway, just one more reason to be frustrated by this whole character rights fight between Marvel, Fox, and Sony. Really annoying stuff...
That's very disappointing.. Would have loved to see gladiator
SNIKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 02:40 PM   #17
SONICobra
Batman

that does suck, so now marvel is going to just abandon them
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 03:14 PM   #18
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Title Revealed | Collider

JamesGunn: Yes, the official title for the @Guardians sequel is GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. Nice detective work, @colliderfrosty, etc! You got us!

Then he posted the following on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/jgunn/photo...886157/?type=1

"Yes, the official title of the sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

Kevin Feige recently let the title slip while doing Ant-Man press, which I'm really happy about because God knows I've let more than one thing slip accidentally while chattering away on this FB page.

Also, hats off to some intrepid fans who figured out the title a couple of days after I posted the cover page. More than one person guessed "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" - I wanted so badly to give you props at the time, but knew I had to wait.

For Kevin to mess up. Haha.

PS ANT-MAN PREMIERE TONIGHT AND I AM STOKED!"

Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:28 PM   #19
Luminous
Cyclops

I think we could have cured cancer by now if humans put as much effort into that research as they do solving the mysteries of unreleased movies.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:19 AM   #20
abarron
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Anyone surprised if has not been given a tag line or title like the other Marvel sequels?
I actually like that. Getting a little fed up of some of the daft names that things are getting given
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote