Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-14-2019, 02:12 PM   #11
Frankierock
Omega Red

Unfortunately comic shops near me are on the decline....and I spoke to a few and they just don't have the clientele anymore. I was thinking of doing a collectible garage sale, didn't know if that was a way of going. So much stuff available, that if it all does not sell people will know where and what to look for later on when I'm not home...and sadly that happens more than usual in bigger cities.

I'm looking to move as much as possible, in as little time...yes I know I'll be taking a hit to some extent..but I don't have to sell anything, I want to...so getting a little more is also a goal.. there is no real need for the $$. Reason I'm trying to move it, is I'm planning on a big move out of state in the next year or 2 the most. So moving all this merchandise and then finding new display options and what not is more than a hassle. Bad enough I have this all in storage as it is, no room to display or keep it all.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:26 PM   #12
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Unfortunately comic shops near me are on the decline....and I spoke to a few and they just don't have the clientele anymore. I was thinking of doing a collectible garage sale, didn't know if that was a way of going. So much stuff available, that if it all does not sell people will know where and what to look for later on when I'm not home...and sadly that happens more than usual in bigger cities.

I'm looking to move as much as possible, in as little time...yes I know I'll be taking a hit to some extent..but I don't have to sell anything, I want to...so getting a little more is also a goal.. there is no real need for the $$. Reason I'm trying to move it, is I'm planning on a big move out of state in the next year or 2 the most. So moving all this merchandise and then finding new display options and what not is more than a hassle. Bad enough I have this all in storage as it is, no room to display or keep it all.
Based on your OP, I would try selling similar items in batches or waves. That way your mind isn't frazzled from keeping track of varying inventory.

For example, sell all of your comics first. When you've sold most of those, start selling statues. When you've sold most of those, start selling toys. Etc. Your biggest advantage is that you're not in a hurry.

There are times when people will surprise you and buy up a whole series of related products. This past weekend, one seller listed a bunch of Tekken bishoujos (around 10 or so), and one buyer bought all of them in one transaction.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:23 PM   #13
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

All I can say is good luck. Ebay sucks monkey b@lls and there isn't anywhere else to list stuff. I miss the days when sellers still had some power. Now the buyer has you by the b@lls and they also want everything for free.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:49 PM   #14
Thor57
Teen Titans

Have you tried Facebook groups?
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 02:24 AM   #15
stone eagle
Justice League

How about an auction house that does estate sales etc. maybe they could sell the lot for you?
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:27 AM   #16
Frankierock
Omega Red

Hmmm auction house, I'll have to look into that...thanks
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote