Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 01-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #771
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
well ryu is the best all around char, he can pressure and zone. So your better off with him in the long run. They had to give the other chars way around zoning otherwise it would just be everyone playing ryu lol

Like in vanilla it was endless sagats.

I just hope the next version beefs up the low tier chars more. they are missing so much to be used in tornies. im tired of seeing cammy, ryu and akuma in finals now.
Ok! I will work on my pressure game more and Block strings. I just get so tired of having to swat people off of me and getting punished while doing so. I am glad you put that in perspective though haha.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #772
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
Ok! I will work on my pressure game more and Block strings. I just get so tired of having to swat people off of me and getting punished while doing so. I am glad you put that in perspective though haha.
abuse cr Mk into FBs, that CR Mk is godly. Its a good tool even if someone blocks it and the FB it puts you at a safe distance so you wont get punished.

just have to learn the match ups is all with ryu. Like blanka, you can throw out FBs all the time when hes got ex stock, he will just ex roll thru them.

Mix up FB game too, dont always throw out the same speed FB, people will learn to time it on you and punish you.

Try sets ups, like FBs and if they jump srk them. Or if you are punishing them, mix up, throw them on a wake up, or lk into a grab etc.. All about mind games.

but the main key is learning Ryus Option selects, you get those down you can do almost anything. Hes got lots, while some characters like rose has only one and its situational.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #773
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Cool, I will keep that in mind. I tend to mix up my FBs but I should probably go look more stuff up on his option selects. I had a problem with doing those in Vanilla but I will try to learn this now as they seem to be a really good piece to the puzzle.
I edited my comment above because I didn't know if you had already read it but do you play on the pc? My steam name is YouarealreadyDead I bought the game on there from greenman gaming for $8.00 a couple of weeks ago.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #774
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

i can get on PC when ever, havnt been on in ages but if you ever wanted to spar let me know. we can set up a date and time. i use rose and dan for fun, but if you need a rose to learn off of let me know.

i prob need to update my bootcamp on mac since its been months since i been on PC lol
Old 01-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #775
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
what is happening, they havent specified anything haha could be a balance tweak or new characters or both, who knows at this point. I trust Ono as far as I can throw him anyway so ill believe this when something actually happens
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #776
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I main Ryu and I think he's fine just as is. I wish Guy's u1 links better, at times it doesn't get full animation, like Ipuki (that ho!)

Just watch them add yun, yung, e ryu, oni's trails and a few stages and costumes as trolling.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #777
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

It's got to be more than balance tweaks as I don't see people complaining like they did with the original AE (and rightfully so). To make it an update worth people's attention, they would have to add something to make it more interesting and the only thing after this long would have to be more characters.

A few new stages would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath. Same with costumes. They would be nice, but not necessary for an update. At least not the original cast from IV and Super.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #778
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
what is happening, they havent specified anything haha could be a balance tweak or new characters or both, who knows at this point. I trust Ono as far as I can throw him anyway so ill believe this when something actually happens
I don't believe Ono would feed the hype machine if they weren't actually planning on doing something. What that something is, is still unknown, but my money is on a few characters added to the roster.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #779
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Andrew, did you not read the comments? I see people complaining about balance. Nerf that buff that etc...

Capcom has really pissed people off with on-disc content in their games. They also took a huge dump on Megaman. That was 2012. Already in 2013 They piss fans off with their reboot of DmC. Man, this company is getting really bad. The people in the business end of the company needs to be fired. I can see new characters, but as paid DLC.

I am wondering if Microsoft or Sony will have anything on next gen systems at this year's E3.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #780
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

im sure they will add more chars, rework balance and possible take out the unblockables, cause they are getting abused more and more now that people know them and practicing them.

Low tier chars need buffs and take out unblockables and the game would be mint.