Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 04-28-2016, 11:51 PM   #141
dfchang
The Riddler

Saw it at Monsterpalooza and was blown away by it. It was the best production piece at the show by far. This piece doesn't fit my collection at all but it is so stunning that it stands as a remarkable work of art that can dominate any room it's in. The ECC booth also had the Hulk and Lycan maquettes and in my opinion both were completely outshone by the Medusa. In person this thing has so much presence. You can't take your eyes off it. It's almost like the real Medusa herself came to life off the pages of a book of Greek mythology and moved into your house. Lol. That's why ultimately I preordered it even though I have no space for the box, no idea where I'm going to put it, and will certainly be murdered by my wife when she comes home and sees this in about 2-3 months when this thing ships.
dfchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 01:04 AM   #142
qz33
Rescue

That's the other thing about this it is NOT woman friendly.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:20 AM   #143
sharpnel
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchang View Post
Saw it at Monsterpalooza and was blown away by it. It was the best production piece at the show by far. This piece doesn't fit my collection at all but it is so stunning that it stands as a remarkable work of art that can dominate any room it's in. The ECC booth also had the Hulk and Lycan maquettes and in my opinion both were completely outshone by the Medusa. In person this thing has so much presence. You can't take your eyes off it. It's almost like the real Medusa herself came to life off the pages of a book of Greek mythology and moved into your house. Lol. That's why ultimately I preordered it even though I have no space for the box, no idea where I'm going to put it, and will certainly be murdered by my wife when she comes home and sees this in about 2-3 months when this thing ships.
I'm in the same boat. PO'd and ask for forgiveness.
sharpnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:01 AM   #144
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchang View Post
How did the Guyver bust look in person ?
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:46 AM   #145
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
How did the Guyver bust look in person ?
By the looks of things I think he was busy looking at medusa.
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 11:46 AM   #146
dfchang
The Riddler

Lol. Silverine is right. I saw the Guyver and he is okay. Quality is top notch obviously and the detail on the lens of the eye is amazing. If you are a Guyver fan this one is a no-brainer but I know nothing about the character so wasn't particularly interested.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:56 AM   #147
Vader
Ghost

are you a medusa fan?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:55 PM   #148
azurepred
Zot

Medusa is a well known characters amongst the general public, but I'm rather shocked 500 ppl are willing to drop 2k on it so quickly. It's a cool piece and all, but there is no nostaligia factor for me and with that price, I need that.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:35 PM   #149
dfchang
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
are you a medusa fan?
Not at all. But it made such an impression on me in person at Monsterpalooza that I couldn't let it go. It really is stunning. It is my first ECC piece.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:26 AM   #150
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Imustnotgetthisimustnotgetthis....
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote