Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-24-2021, 05:56 PM   #1021
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu Sensui View Post
Now is this one of the upstairs/attic rooms that many homes have? I had a room like this growing up that I loved. I used to put art on it everywhere.

Also I see you're a big fan of Chun Li.

In regards to the statues they are all really great. Shame I don't have room for that many but I'm glad you guys are satisfied with the set!
It's a large room that takes up most of the 3rd floor. There's actually a full attic above that yet where I store all my figure and statue boxes.

Yes, I'm a huge fan of Chun Li.
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 06:27 PM   #1022
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
Thanks! Yes, those are a great many long boxes of comics in the background. More things taking up the rapidly dwindling space. In fact, I just built a freestanding shelf over them from rolled steel pipe to reclaim the space above them for more statues. The slant of the roof on that wall makes it impossible to mount shelves of any decent size on, so this was my solution.

As far as which statue is the best from the Evo set, I'm having a really hard time picking one!
Looks nice, but...

That's a bad move placing anything (especially paper products) right along a baseboard heater. That's kindling dude! Not to mention the heat negatively affecting your collection, and the heating obviously being less efficient with items right against it.

I don't know what other options you have, but I'd recommend plastic containers at least a foot from those heaters.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:20 PM   #1023
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Looks nice, but...

That's a bad move placing anything (especially paper products) right along a baseboard heater. That's kindling dude! Not to mention the heat negatively affecting your collection, and the heating obviously being less efficient with items right against it.

I don't know what other options you have, but I'd recommend plastic containers at least a foot from those heaters.
Oh I don't have them right against the baseboard heat for the exact reasons you mentioned. They're pulled away at least a foot. I also keep the heat turned down on the 3rd floor since heat rises and I don't need those turned up as much as the other floors. I haven't had any problems for the 19 years we've been here...
Old 02-24-2021, 10:26 PM   #1024
greenknight
The Spirit

Just received an email from Sideshow. They opened an order to replace my Killer Bee body. Supposed to ship within the next 7-10 business days.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:29 PM   #1025
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Just received an email from Sideshow. They opened an order to replace my Killer Bee body. Supposed to ship within the next 7-10 business days.
Nice...
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:45 PM   #1026
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Oh I don't have them right against the baseboard heat for the exact reasons you mentioned. They're pulled away at least a foot. I also keep the heat turned down on the 3rd floor since heat rises and I don't need those turned up as much as the other floors. I haven't had any problems for the 19 years we've been here...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:53 AM   #1027
ukshaun
Hercules

My Cammy Classic is on it's way via FedEx, not DHL, which means it could take a while.
At the moment the 3rd March 2021 is supposed to be the date of arrival.

TOTAL SHIPMENT WEIGHT
40.3 lbs / 18.28 kgs
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 05:05 AM   #1028
Shinobu Sensui
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hopefully you get it on time without any issues. Wednesday of next week is not too bad.

Best of luck!
Shinobu Sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:13 AM   #1029
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu Sensui View Post
Hopefully you get it on time without any issues. Wednesday of next week is not too bad.

Best of luck!
If all goes smoothly. With FedEx parcels can get caught up for weeks in customs. I hope Cammy arrives without the issue's Chun-Li arrived with, which took ages to sort out, and i ended up receiving what appeared to be someone else's return. Not that i want to bang on about that too much
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:55 AM   #1030
Shinobu Sensui
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Yuck. Sorry that happened to you. I've always had DHL for international and mine have been smooth and fast. Hopefully they don't think you're trying to smuggle something.
Shinobu Sensui is offline   Reply With Quote